First time vending at comp.

manbearpig

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hey Guys , we have a pretty big comp./ vending event coming up in Wildwood Mo. There are typically some big venders at this event but the options seem to be the the normal offerings. I'm thinking of trying some different offerings like apple glazed pork chops , pork tenderloin medalions, chopped brisket sandwiches. What do you think?

We will be at Wildwood as well. We have been there in the past and have done really well in vending, always selling out on the first day. Last year there was 40,000 people come through on the two day event. I know one vendor who sold 300 slabs of ribs. Ribs always do well, so does pulled pork sandwiches. We tried to sell ears of corn and it did not go as well as I hoped. Trying to get creative may pay off, but if your not sure, stay with the basic. Are you set up on vendor row? If so you will do well with your selection listed. The people who come to this are looking for really good que.

Do not steer away from the normal stuff, you will regret it. Make what the people came there for. BBQ........Ribs, pork, chicken, brisket, beans, slaw.....Anything else you are wasting your time and money. Believe me, if you want to see for yourself tryit. You can sell those pork chops you mentioned along with the regulars. But you must have what people come for. Think about it from the customer, they come for ribs, do you really think you can steer a large enough percentage away to get something that is "different" - you cant

Back