MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:21 AM   #1
wlfpkrcn
Knows what a fatty is.

Default How much $?

With the current laws and regs it looks like I'll be doing the "cook-4-hire" to start. How much would you charge per person (on average) if the client is buying the meat?
Capn' Cook 3 burner
[url]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/5923/wlfpkjw4.png[/url]
wlfpkrcn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2008, 09:25 AM   #2
TysDad
Full Fledged Farker

How about a flat hourly rate? Don't forget to include your overhead and travel costs into the rate. Simple, easy to understand and you don't have to worry about counting heads or getting into a discussion with the customer about how many or how much. You also won't be bothered if the client asks you to stay longer to help put away tables and such. Sure, I'll help - you're paying.... Make sure you have a two hour minimum or something to make a drive out worth it if something happens.

At least until you do it some more...

[FONT=Times New Roman]Stainless Pool Filter Drum, BarBChef offset, charcoal GOSM, a gasser and a weed burner.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Henckels Twin Cuisine knives, CDN ProAccurate fast thermometer, Maverick Dual Probe Wireless thermometer, and lots more cooking tools.[/FONT]

"We keep you alive to serve this ship. Row well, and live."
TysDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:47 AM   #3
Roo-B-Q'N
is One Chatty Farker

Just make sure you tell the customer exactly what to buy if you are not the one physically going to purchase the meat. You can and will end up surprised with the product if you let your client do it, and then when it does not turn out the way they want it . . . who's fault is it? Ususally yours no mater what.

Good luck !
Large Spicewine, Backwoods Smoker (Party), WSM, Oklahoma Joe's Offset, Wood Fired Oven
Roo-B-Q'N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:04 PM   #4
Marsha
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo-B-Q'N View Post
Just make sure you tell the customer exactly what to buy if you are not the one physically going to purchase the meat. You can and will end up surprised with the product if you let your client do it, and then when it does not turn out the way they want it . . . who's fault is it? Ususally yours no mater what.

Good luck !

Excellent advice!
Old 09-08-2008, 01:55 PM   #5
wlfpkrcn
Knows what a fatty is.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the info
Capn' Cook 3 burner
[url]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/5923/wlfpkjw4.png[/url]
wlfpkrcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:19 PM   #6
jbrink01
is Blowin Smoke!

Per person is not the way i'd go. I would charge $30 - $40 an hour, and they pay you for supplies that you buy - control the quality.
[CENTER][B][I][B]KCBS #13207[/B][/I][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][I]2013 Insane Can Posse [/I][I]Tour [/I][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][I]Sponsored By: [/I][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][I]Gateway BBQ Store[/I][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][I]Blues Hog BBQ Company[/I][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][I]Plowboys BBQ Company[/I][/B][/CENTER]
jbrink01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:40 PM   #7
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

I simply would not do a gig where I was not involved with purchasing the meat, unless of course it was for charity!