• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Too much pron

dealm9

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I have not posted in a while...been very busy. I still have been taking pron of my cooks though. Here is pron from when I was back in Cleveland for winter break and some cooks from school where I just have a stove.

I cannot find the link to the video but it has been posted on here. It's a video of some farmers who butcher their meat and show how to use each part of the pig. Well I have been using their recipe for pork chops while at school. Basically they sear it in a CI skillet full of fat from the pig (I used duck fat) and then add red wine, red wine vinegar, and sugar to the pan after taking out the meat and it blends with the drippings in the pan to make a killer sauce.
IMAG0209.jpg

Some salmon I did in the same CI skillet while at school. When I do salmon on the CI, I like to get a nice salty crust on it.
IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0076-1.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

IMAG0078-1.jpg

Okay on to the BBQ. Brisket and PP for the National Championship. The Irish were bad, but at least the food wasn't
Brisky fresh off the smoker. Never wrapped, rubbed with some SM peppered cow and then salt and pepper. Cooked at 280-315
IMAG0169.jpg

IMAG0168.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

IMAG0176.jpg

IMAG0175.jpg

IMAG0177.jpg

Pulled Pork cooked above the brisky on the drum
IMAG0178.jpg

IMAG0180.jpg

IMAG0183.jpg

My plate
IMAG0187.jpg

Beef Ribs I did right after Christmas
IMAG0162.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

Finally some simple chicken breasts and thighs and some ABTs done on the 22.5 OTS
IMAG0194.jpg

IMAG0195.jpg

I am now away from my smoker and back at school and this site is the only thing keeping me from going into BBQ withdrawals. Well that, and my Christmas presents...
IMAG0117.jpg

I got to go to Charleston, SC after Christmas for our family reunion. It was a great time with fresh Charleston oysters and a great paella my aunt made. Luckily I ended up catching some red drums to add to the paella. However, I had to resort to using the sharpest knife I could find at the beach house we rented so cleaning the fish did not go as smooth as I would have liked.
IMG951938.jpg

Luckily, the house had a much better view than it did knives.
IMAG0133.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

Sorry for the extremely long post. I will try and stay on top of my pron from now on :biggrin1:

Why our we so attracted to great cooks like this. I've seen people post and comment on how they hate when people post photos of food. Not here but like on Facebook and even to my face. I don't get that. Awesome cooks brother. Thanks for sharing!!!

Wow Mark, love the pics!! Everything looks so good.
Wondered where you've been. Looks like you are doing great! :thumb:

Thanks for posting this one too... I needed it. :mrgreen:

IMAG0133.jpg

Brethren never have to apologize for pron. For the lack of it, MAYBE. I loved the color on the brisket and that smoke ring was awesome. The pork looked done to perfection!

Wish I had friends like you in college, between the Q and that stash of Great Lakes I wouldn't have even needed my own place!

Back