Seasoning?

crocker84

Got Wood.
Name or Nickame
Crocker84
I just got my new spicewine this week and I plan to light it up for the first time tomorrow morning. I plan to oil the inside and get it up to about 300 for a few ours to get it seasoned. Does this sound pretty typical. Are there any hints or tricks I should know? I figured no water in the water pan for seasoning as well. Any opinions are welcome.

I just got my new spicewine this week and I plan to light it up for the first time tomorrow morning. I plan to oil the inside and get it up to about 300 for a few ours to get it seasoned. Does this sound pretty typical. Are there any hints or tricks I should know? I figured no water in the water pan for seasoning as well. Any opinions are welcome.
This is a really good question.

Hey fellas hook a couple of brethren up!

Thanks for the response. So to make sure I've got this correctly, load the fuel tray up with charcoal and let the rig roll for the fuel burn. Is that correct?

I just let the first cook season the cooker no need to rub down with oil.....gotta maze grate for the charcole and get a better and longer burn seems the temps. stabilize alot better

Back