cover for the bandera?

C

capnamerca

I"ve looked and looked - I can't even seem to find the NB site anymore. Does anyone know where I can get a cover for that Bandera vertical smoker?

I think I've seen them in Home Depot or Lowes before, but it may be too early in the year for such things.

Ok, thanks guys. I know I've checked both those places, but they may not have the covers as part of their winter stock. I'll keep lookin'!

The covers made for the Banderas are pretty cheap. Look for a canvas/cloth type cover that fits a large grill. It won't look as pretty but will last years.

The only good thing about the NB cover is that it fits, sort of. Use it for a template to make a good one out of better material.

Or do as jt suggested, get a tarp and some bunge cords.

Go with a tarp, or marine canvas and secure it. It will last longer, and you don't end up with little white balls of fuzz all over the cooker.

Vinyl tent/tarp

I bought a truckload of remnants last summer from a vinyl tent manufacturer. I betcha you can find something like that. Maybe a used vinyl banner You can sew and/or solvent weld the stuff. I wouldnt even bother with the thin black plastic grill cover material.

go with a trap. something big like a 8x10 or 10x12 and work with it to figure out the best way to wrap it when you're not using it.

I have the cover. Its terrible. Lasted less than a year before it started splitting. Go with a decent tarp.

CapnAmerica, that's a BOLD avatar. I got a shiver when I first saw it.

I concur with the guys here. Go with a basic tarp. Don't buy anything fancy.

I had the Bandera cover and it too lasted less then a year before it started cracking. If temps never get below 50* outside it is okay. I now have two of the Deluxe large grill covers from Lowes covering my 'dera. One will not totally cover it. I need total coverage up here in Michigan so I hang one over the left side and one over the right.

Found Bandera Cover

Just picked up a NB cover at Home Depot yesterday in Springfield, MO. On sale for $35.00. They had about half a dozen. Check them down there.

I got one in Plano, Texas about the same price, but based on what has been said here, I took it and got my money back. I can buy a lot of tarps for a lot less money.

gazc83, I was excited to just find one...after reading the threads I may take mine back as well. This is what is great about this site, you find the real facts, not the marketing crap. Q slow.

bruno said:
I have the cover. Its terrible. Lasted less than a year before it started splitting. Go with a decent tarp.

That's because your a slacker....besides, you got it for free anyway...:mad:

Back