Stealing Thirdeye’s chicken recipe

Biloxidman

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Chicken in a pan and butter sounded great so I thought I’d give it a try. 3 boneless breasts seasoned and in a pan with chicken broth and 1/2 stick of butter and taters. Let’s see!

5aae4cfadf1859f161197f3b9995e6cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This will be interesting!

My first quick thought was "nooooo, not raw chicken with other food (my wife is a former food service and ServSafe Certified Manager). But 2 seconds later logic said, ummm, not any different than pork chops in the slow cooker with all the other veggies (or a chuckie on the smoker with veggies) - raw meat is raw meat, and heat/time is the cure.

You can't go wrong with chicken in butter. Years ago I first learned that trick when my partner in a local competition did that with our chicken entry - won 1st place that year. Been using it ever since.

My first quick thought was "nooooo, not raw chicken with other food (my wife is a former food service and ServSafe Certified Manager). But 2 seconds later logic said, ummm, not any different than pork chops in the slow cooker with all the other veggies (or a chuckie on the smoker with veggies) - raw meat is raw meat, and heat/time is the cure.

You can't go wrong with chicken in butter. Years ago I first learned that trick when my partner in a local competition did that with our chicken entry - won 1st place that year. Been using it ever since.

That was my thought. Unless the boneless breasts cook too quickly, but i’m Thinking at least 1/2 hour at 350 will be ok.

After 50 minutes chicken is at 162. Coming off to rest a bit.

b73f14aa4f2768a23e20bf354cc4fdaf.jpg

Chicken in a pan and butter sounded great so I thought I’d give it a try. 3 boneless breasts seasoned and in a pan with chicken broth and 1/2 stick of butter and taters. Let’s see!

5aae4cfadf1859f161197f3b9995e6cf.jpg

I didn't think I invented butter broth chicken but thanks for the kind words. Looks like it turned out great.

That was my thought. Unless the boneless breasts cook too quickly, but i’m Thinking at least 1/2 hour at 350 will be ok.

I think chicken cross-contamination in the kitchen is more of a threat than certain pathogens or salmonella so it's a good idea to prep all vegetables first, then the chicken, followed by a clean-up with bleach. Once your chicken reaches a safe internal temperature, those good juices that it releases onto the vegetables will also be safe. in fact, unless they are whole..... vegetables will reach 165° more quickly than the chicken, and this temperature kills any pathogens that may have come from the chicken before it was fully cooked. Once everything is 160°-165° it's all safe.

Thanks all. Came out very tasty. �� Maybe next time i’ll Use thighs.

Back