Lodge Grill

tony76248

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I had one of these once when I was naive and didn't want to pack it on the moving van when I moved to Texas from Florida....That's why I divorced her, too much input!

https://secure.lodgemfg.com/storefront/product1.asp?menu=logic&idProduct=3975

This was the very best grill I have ever owned. I came close to purchasing another one last month at Academy. But since I just ordered a new Stumps....I don't want this one divorcing me. :wink:

It is basically a hybred hibachi. Only bigger and much more stable.

Anyone here have any input on having used one. They have them at Academy for about $60.

Me thinks Sammi has one of those.... Sami!! u out there. ??

Big Al has one, he loved it.. cooked his spam on it all the time... but hes been missing for a while. Think it was all the spam. ???

Mine is a bit simpler, but I love that little guy. It is a steak/ kebab/ burger/ chicken wing machine, (small items). For high temperature cooking, you can set the meat grates right down on the coals. You adjust the temp by raising and lowering meat grate as it doesn't have bottom vents. Even tough they don’t have lids you can tent it with a piece of tin foil to melt cheese etc.

hibachi.jpg

brisket031.jpg

The Tone Meister,
I have the Lodge just like the one on that site. I bought it to take to comps and I did use it at my first and ONLY comp. I cooked a steak on it and it is a GREAT grill.

Since I decided not to ever compete again and ALL of that competition stuff ($$$$$) is in the loft above my garage, I have not used it again or since. I forgot I had it until now.
I think I'll get that bad boy down and crank it up.
Bought mine at Little China (Walmart).
Thanks Tony!!!!!
Smoke On!!!!!!

Sami, you have a source for that little jewel? I found your original post and then checked the Lodge site. They don't seem to have it anymore.

Tony, I have the Lodge unit you linked to -- love it. I got it at Academy too (on 820). At the time, they had both the pre-seasoned (factory baked with oil), and the original finish, and I was able to get the preseasoned unit for the original-finish price ($40). Although small, I can cook for the whole family w/o problem. It fits a full salmon filet like a glove.

As I understand, the Outpost Grill is not being made anymore. They do turn up on e-bay.

spoon said:
Tony, I have the Lodge unit you linked to -- love it. I got it at Academy too (on 820). At the time, they had both the pre-seasoned (factory baked with oil), and the original finish, and I was able to get the preseasoned unit for the original-finish price ($40). Although small, I can cook for the whole family w/o problem. It fits a full salmon filet like a glove.

I went in Academy (off Bryan Irving Rd.) today. They had two of them in stock $69. I am getting close to pulling the trigger. I used to cook the best chicken wings on mine ......the one I had in Fl.

I do like the fact that you can get the grill very very hot.

Back