-> BBQ Brethren "I've Got a Bone to Pick With You!" Throwdown! (Entries and Quality *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"I've Got a Bone to Pick With You!"

Soul_Food_Front.jpg

As chosen by Hometruckin for his winning dish in the "Thai One On!" Throwdown!

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

Hometruckin said:
"Gotta a Bone To Pick With You" No special rules other than entries must contain a bone-in.

What? No special rules AGAIN? :mmph: What the fark is WRONG with you people! I'm sure someone will find a way to Moose this!

:laugh:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 5/17 through Monday 5/27.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Tuesday morning 5/28.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

Please note that THIS is the entry thread. QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Wow... good thing I bought those bones. Now if I can talk my 100lb rottie into letting me have them ...

My intention for this round was to have you cook something with a natural bone intact. If you choose the Wackadoodle approach ( As I am prone to do) The voting Brethren will decide. So....Have a whack at it.

Osso Buco With a Twist

Got home this afternoon after helping my Neighbor re-build his deck. Went to my local grocery store and got robbed for a Veal Shank. I had the butcher cut it into 2" chops for Osso Buco. This is my official entry to the " Gotta Bone to pick with you" Throwdown.

Tied the costly little morsels up.

Diced up a bit of aromatics to build a gravy. Red Onion, Red Pepper, Garlic, Basil, Rosemary, Celery, and Carrots.

Added 2 cups of Cabernet Sauvignon.

And out to the Kamado we went!

Smokin' along just fine!

Took some of the drippings to make a Demi Glace

Added the Veal Shanks to the Demi Glace and Braised them for an hour more.

Plated with a little Mashed Potato and Gravy from the Dutch Oven with a few cut Green Beans.

I've got a bone to pick.....with You! Please use this shot as my final polling photo.

Thanks for lookin' I'll keep on Truckin" :clap:

Very nice HT. Mine's been cooking all day long but won't be ready until tomorrow night. I've got some veal in it as well.

Absolutely Stunning, Jed!!!

I'm still going to enter, but there sure ain't no way I can compete with that. Excellent, excellent work!

Back