You guys made me do it (Lots of Pron)

lionhrt

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
After seeing all the killer pastrami done here lately I decided to make some for reubens using Thirdeyes method (thanks for sharing that with us Thirdeye)

Threw on the seasoned beef early this morning.
IMG_0328800x600.jpg

smoked at 240 for almost 4 hours untill 150 and then foiled with beef base

IMG_0332800x600.jpg

While this was going I started my Kraut it is made by thinly slicing onion and a granny smith and lightly cooking until just tender and then add brown sugar to carmelize

IMG_0334800x600.jpg

finished Kraut
IMG_0335800x600.jpg

the finished pastrami

IMG_0338800x600.jpg

IMG_0339800x600.jpg

the best reuben I have had served with my with wifes killer potato salad

IMG_0343800x600.jpg

My grandkids Steven and Joey gave it the seal of approval
IMG_0344800x600.jpg

IMG_0345800x600.jpg

I don`t think I can go with store bought pastrami now but that ok cus it`s fun to make. Thanks for looking.

That all looks great! Cute grandkiddos!

Did you start the kraut from raw cabbage or use a pre-made kraut? My mom used to make sweet and sour kraut by sauteing some chopped bacon and then adding onions and then when the onions were soft she added a big jar of kraut and about 1/3 - 1/2 cup of brown sugar and let it simmer until the liquid is gone. Good stuff!

To guote Big Al... " That looks freaking awesome!"
I agree. Nice job!!

nice looking sandwiches and pastrami there, kids looks like they enjoyed it

That all looks great! Cute grandkiddos!

Did you start the kraut from raw cabbage or use a pre-made kraut? My mom used to make sweet and sour kraut by sauteing some chopped bacon and then adding onions and then when the onions were soft she added a big jar of kraut and about 1/3 - 1/2 cup of brown sugar and let it simmer until the liquid is gone. Good stuff!

Thanks Ron, I used pre made Kraut sounds like your mom`s is similar to mine other than swapping apple for bacon. And I have to agree they are cute grandkids:becky:

Yes, we made you do it. Don't you feel better now? :p

Actually I do feel better with a full stomach of good food I am glad I let everyone here twist my arm.

Can I get a pint of that killer potato salad? :p

Next time you have the Comp in Sedro Woolley let me know ahead of time and I`ll have her make some and I`ll deliver.

Good looking food and grandkids- Let's see, what could we make you do next?:idea:

Thanks Ron, I used pre made Kraut sounds like your mom`s is similar to mine other than swapping apple for bacon. And I have to agree they are cute grandkids:becky:

Actually I do feel better with a full stomach of good food I am glad I let everyone here twist my arm.

Next time you have the Comp in Sedro Woolley let me know ahead of time and I`ll have her make some and I`ll deliver.

A comp in Sedro is not likely this year. :(

Back