MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:43 PM   #16
SmokingJo
Full Fledged Farker

Great food and great idea that mostarda mantovana di pere with salmon!

1 members found this post helpful.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #17
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieTitch View Post
Looks excellent, what do you mean by cooking the corn for a Yuca?
I roasted an ear of corn that was mixed into the Yuca Root and green peppers and peas with garlic. That is the hash.
Jed

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #18
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothsmoke View Post
Another beautiful cook HT!
Thanks Smoothsmoke.I sure try!

Old 06-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #19
BL
Got Wood.

Looks pretty tasty! I don't have a Kamodo so I don't know if it is possible but if you can build a smaller fire and keep the temp down around 150 or lower this will cut down on the amount of albumin (egg white looking stuff) which will in turn make a more tender and juicer final product. In addition, if you can brine the salmon before hand and allow it to sit out on an elevated rack with a breeze or fan on it to develop a pellicle (shiny skin) prior to grilling it will also cut down on the amount of albumin coming out giving you an even moister finished product.

I'm sure it tasted pretty darn good but I have smoked a ton of Salmon and through trial and error have gotten pretty good at it.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #20
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL View Post
Looks pretty tasty! I don't have a Kamodo so I don't know if it is possible but if you can build a smaller fire and keep the temp down around 150 or lower this will cut down on the amount of albumin (egg white looking stuff) which will in turn make a more tender and juicer final product. In addition, if you can brine the salmon before hand and allow it to sit out on an elevated rack with a breeze or fan on it to develop a pellicle (shiny skin) prior to grilling it will also cut down on the amount of albumin coming out giving you an even moister finished product.

I'm sure it tasted pretty darn good but I have smoked a ton of Salmon and through trial and error have gotten pretty good at it.
Thank You BL for the input. I started out with a coffee can of Alder wood chips and a soldering iron. The iron wasn't hot enough to start the chips to smoke. So I the hit the chips with my MAP gas torch and got them ignited and added some saw dust. I had to abandon the trial and ended up using 1/2 a chimney of lump on top of some left over lump in the bottom of the Kamado. Itried to keep the temp down and added the Alder Chips only about ten slivers. It tasted awesome and I have a feeling that the Copper Creek is a much fattier salmon that farm raised product. Thanks again!
Jed

Old 06-11-2013, 03:26 AM   #21
pwa
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
It was explained to me that Copper River salmon eat shrimp which gives them their great color and taste.
WoW first I heard of that... That "Looks" like a silver salmon. Copper river has Chinook (king), sockeye (red), coho (silver) and keta (pink) salmon. Depends on which you get the flavor... the Pink is called dog salmon local... case it not fit to eat. The red (Sockeye) is by far the best.. I personally like Kenia reds better but not sure how there marketed :)

any ways great looking meal and glad you enjoyed your salmon from my back yard :) !!
WIFI Stoker
Custom Trailer Offset

Owner of BurlesQ BBQ shack
BurlesQ BBQ Facebook
BurlesQ BBQ website
pwa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2013, 07:02 AM   #22
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwa View Post
WoW first I heard of that... That "Looks" like a silver salmon. Copper river has Chinook (king), sockeye (red), coho (silver) and keta (pink) salmon. Depends on which you get the flavor... the Pink is called dog salmon local... case it not fit to eat. The red (Sockeye) is by far the best.. I personally like Kenia reds better but not sure how there marketed :)

any ways great looking meal and glad you enjoyed your salmon from my back yard :) !!
Sure did PWA, you keep making them and we'll keep eating them.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:07 AM   #23
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Fess up. You took a slice off a Horta, did'n ya?

[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2013, 07:08 AM   #24
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post

Grilled tunnel critter....yum!

Nice fish matey!
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #25
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post

Grilled tunnel critter....yum!

Nice fish matey!
Aye had my pick it was either a Horta, or a slice of the Vorta, Eris's arse, the horta won the coin toss. Aye am so busted. Aye can't fool you ever.