Calling all Pacific Northwest Eggheads...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Be there...or be square! :biggrin: http://www.pnweggfest.com/

What is the PNW Evergreen Eggfest?

The Pacific Northwest Evergreen Eggfest is an annual event dedicated to the Big Green Egg smoker, "Eggheads" (Egg Enthusiasts), family and friends. Whether you own a BGE or just want to sample some unique new tastes from wood-fired BBQ to baked goods, then the Eggfest is for you. Our third event will be hosted at "Egg Central" Associated Energy Systems, the authorized wholesale distributor of Big Green Eggs in the Pacific Northwest. Join us for this one of a kind regional event June 13th, 2009.
Event Info

• What - 3rd Annual Pacific Northwest Evergreen Eggfest
  • When - Saturday June 13th, 2009 9am - 3pm
  • Where - Associated Energy Systems - 8621 S 180th Kent, WA 98032
  • How Much? - $25 Individual / $40 per Couple
  • Registration - Online registration will be available soon!
  • Cooks Needed - We have 35 Demo Eggs that need to be cooked on, if you want to show off your skills just check the "I want to cook" box when registration opens up.
  • Demo Eggs - Demo Eggs will be available to take home after the Egg Fest at a reduced price of $765 (Almost $250 below retail). Demo Egg Package includes: Large Egg, Egg Mate, Ash Tool, Large Egg Nest, Grill Gripper and a bag of charcoal (you get to take the charcoal home that the cook doesn't use).
The PNW Eggfest is proudly sponsored by Pacific Northwest Big Green Egg dealers. Visit your local BGE dealer today to find out more about this event.

Mods...please move this to wherever it belongs...:biggrin:

JD

BTW...this is my birthday...I wonder what trouble I can get in to here...:twisted:

I suppose it is safe to say you won't be cooking the McKinley Springs BBQ Showdown then?

Happy B-day JD. I'm not sure I should attend the EggFest; I think my wife would hurt me badly if I brought home another new toy anytime soon...

I suppose it is safe to say you won't be cooking the McKinley Springs BBQ Showdown then?

Hmmm...good question bro! :cool: Depends on if you're going and want me to pit bi!ch for you. We can talk about it Friday over coffee and ground pork! :twisted:

I may check this out. Why no Samamish State Park?

The park may have already been booked, but it could also be a logistics issue, I heard that in the past some people had purchased their demo eggs and didn't show up to take them home. I could see it being far easier for the AES folks to have it at their warehouse instead of humpin' all those Eggs and eggcesories around.
That said-if you want to cook on a demo Egg, they waive the entry fee, and the distributor (AES) are very nice people and deserve our support for keeping the Egg dealers stocked and bringing Wicked Good charcoal to the Northwest.
I'm glad they changed the date to June, because we all know that BBQ season here starts on Memorial Day and ends Labor Day!!

I may check this out. Why no Samamish State Park?

I was pretty bummed about that too...Sammamish was a beautiful setting...now it's in some wharehouse district parking lot in Kent. :mad: That in it's self is enough to fuggitaboutit and go to Prosser with Swamp! :cool:

Seems to me like it's a little harsh to hold what's basically a sales event and then charge people to get in. I'm not a very judgemental guy, however, and so I may decide to attend, mostly to meet other locals interested in BBQ.

seattlepitboss

**Big Green Egg**

Seems to me like it's a little harsh to hold what's basically a sales event and then charge people to get in. I'm not a very judgemental guy, however, and so I may decide to attend, mostly to meet other locals interested in BBQ.

seattlepitboss

You would be better off joining the PNWBA and meeting like minded local folks that are into Q'n.

But-If you are interested in the Big Green Egg and want to see the versatility of it at work, or are looking for one at an unbeatable price and a lifetime warranty, then the Eggfest is for you! Think of the $25 entry fee as a buffet lunch- you get a T-shirt and a bag of schwag from the sponsors, you sample tidbits from all the cooks and be part of the mutual admiration society-who knows? You may even join the cult!

All I know is that Big Green Egg and AES has taken very good care of me, and has gone above and beyond as far as customer service goes!

seattlepitboss

HI Grant...I agree with Brian...if you are looking to meet folks that do BBQ check out a few of the local PNWBA competitions. Most of the folks at the BGE festival do mostly appetizers or grilled foods for the paying public to sample. Occasionally someone will do ribs but there really isn't enough time to do a traditional low-n-slow at the event. Come on down to the Seattle Home Depot on May 2nd...I'll be there cookin' on my WSM's and maybe a drum or two.

Back