what to charge please help

grillfella

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
hey boys just got a call to grill Tri-tip for a wedding 40 people. here is the catch they only want me to grill 6 tri-tips they bought allready marinated.I am basicaly showing up with my grill and using my wood, what should I charge for something like that, any help would be appreciated

p.s I am also worried about cooking with a marinade that somebody else made and not familiar with:shock:

I'd second that. Or figure out what you'd charge if you did everything and tell them it's the same price. Is that the kind of business you want? You are so correct to worry over the quality of the cook when you don't have control over the meat and the marinade.

I would third that! Way too sketchy for me. If anyone gets sick, its you who will be to blame.

If the packageing came from a major chain, I would worry less.

If you do go through with it, cut down grill time, because the marinade is so deep in the flesh.

I wouldn't do it. You gotta lay down a line somewhere. The only way I cook anyone else's meat is if I bought with their money it and controlled it till I cooked it. They can pay for it but I am in control of it from the time it is picked up at the store. CYA is the name of the game. Don't put youself out like that. Nowadays people are so anxious to take someone to court. Get insurance too!

Last edited:
Back