The National 2008

• Thread starter barbefunkoramaque
  • Start date
Looks interesting. I'd love to check it out someday. Where's it at and when?
Both in Texas, one in Taylor, the other in Meridian texas. Taylor is somewhat near where you were from and Meriden is south of Cleburne.

Clint, The Taylor, remember me making a comment to you when I learned about you being from Austin and I said "then you know what its like to be in front of a 300 degree pit door in 100+ heat... Thats the one. Usually in August. The National is in October usually I think.

I got so sick at the Taylor in the early 90's. Heat. Nobody ever passes out at the "freeze your butt off" contest I bet. LOL

The outfit I teamed with back then just got a trailer with a Big smoker attached so there was little you could do to escape the heat.

I had the honor of sitting in the Cab of an Articulated Union Pacific 4664 #3985 (Challenger Steam Train) in the late eighties or so going through California and I didn't get that hot.

Take a close look at the winners of the National.

We made the National in Meridian this year. Made final table in chicken and won............
You guessed it, 13 th place. Got a voucher good for 75 dollars off next years entry. We'll be there next year. You just have to finish top 3 in a meat category in any sanctioned contest to get an invite.

Back