Timing Question.

smooookin

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
This is the first of many questions I may have tonight.

Here is what I have to cook, 8 butts, total just over 60lbs. I am thinking I can get 5 on the UDS and put the other three in the offset.

Just over 40 lbs Brisket,3 packers. These will hang from the UDS extension. (wish me luck on that one):roll:

I want to be pulling these no later that 2-3 tomorrow. I know with all that meat going at one time it will take longer. I am thinking about starting the fires around 10 this evening or should I get off the puter and get going now?

I would start my fire now:biggrin:

If you're gonna pull and foil at 2-3 You may stand a chance. Milehighand I pulled an all-nighter some time back, and I didn't have any problems. It was only 1 brisket tho. I'd get started.

Get the UDS started... I was shocked at how much longer a bunch of meat took to cook than a smaller cook. I have found I needed to start with more lit coals (like a full chimney rather than a heavy half). There seems to be a LOT more moisture so you need to get the fire bigger initially. Once the butts get to about 150 or so the cook seems to go about the same.

Back