Polar Swine II

MoKanMeathead

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I don't know why Andy (HoDeDo) hasn't posted this yet We are having a non-sanctioned contest @ Melvern Lake in Kansas on February 17th. This contest is a blast, last year the high temp was 6 degrees with a north wind. this year the forecast is for 40+ (balmy).

So all you KC area and Kansas brethren come out. Even if you can't stand the "heat" oc competition you can come out and visit and have a "cold" one. :-D Let Andy know this weekend and he will add your team name to the t-****rts he is making.

Attachments

• Polar Swine Rules.pdf
    127 KB · Views: 25
Waiting to hear if Stan is going to cook this with me. I'm 80% sure I'm coming right now. Need to talk with the wife one more time. Ready to get the camper out!! Can't wait for camping and outdoor cooking this year.

Polar Swine

Wayne,
I will be there flying solo.
Eric

I heard that Eric..looking forward to seeing you - need to talk about your trailer. I am thinking about getting one - if my other smoker doesn't come through this year.

Is Greg being a kitty kat or what?

wow i wish i could attend, but don't have the smoker yet, sounds like a total blast, brethern, beer,bbq bah wish i could attend. have some beers for me

I'm in, with or without Stan. I may need someone to haul my smoker since I'll have the camper. Another option is to use a couple of kettles and a bandera that I can haul in the back of my truck. I'd rather have the Kingfisher.

Will there be a Margarita machine and karoke? :biggrin:

I know Andy's wife, Kim, isn't coming, but what about others? Audrey would like to come, but doesn't want to be the only girl. Anyone bringing wives or girlfriends or is this a guy weekend?

n-2-que said:
wow i wish i could attend, but don't have the smoker yet, sounds like a total blast, brethern, beer,bbq bah wish i could attend. have some beers for me

Come and judge!

I'm sure we can find you a smoker, Bill. The categories are brisket, ribs, and sausage. Won't take a whole lot of space.

Plowboy said:
I'm in, with or without Stan. I may need someone to haul my smoker since I'll have the camper. Another option is to use a couple of kettles and a bandera that I can haul in the back of my truck. I'd rather have the Kingfisher.

I know Andy's wife, Kim, isn't coming, but what about others? Audrey would like to come, but doesn't want to be the only girl. Anyone bringing wives or girlfriends or is this a guy weekend?

Well - the Meatheads are IN in whole now (Wayne was originally cooking with me like last year) so We'll have to count on them for the MArgarita and Karaoke action!!! (No PRESSURE!!!!)

None of the cookers had wives with them last year, but a couple wives showed up for the party Sat. night. And we had a judge or two that were women (camp host, and ranger wife) . Just beware pirates that come in from the lake at night - ARRRRRG! :shock: Anyone is welcome that wants to brave the weather.

MoKanMeathead said:
I don't know why Andy (HoDeDo) hasn't posted this yet We are having a non-sanctioned contest @ Melvern Lake in Kansas on February 17th. This contest is a blast, last year the high temp was 6 degrees with a north wind. this year the forecast is for 40+ (balmy).

So all you KC area and Kansas brethren come out. Even if you can't stand the "heat" oc competition you can come out and visit and have a "cold" one. :-D Let Andy know this weekend and he will add your team name to the t-****rts he is making.

Wayne, Thanks for posting. Between getting the stuff together for the event, cookin' for the boy scout B&G banquet, and Dad's stuff over the last couple weeks - I never got anything out here about it. I had three things to post: Request for cooks, judges, and any door prizes/cash people might want to donate to get a name on the shirts as a sponsor. Time has slipped away and now we are 8 days out! So I apologize that you had to jump in and post it for us! Thanks again. If anyone has questions - just let me know know.

Thanks,
Andy

MoKanMeathead said:
Is Greg being a kitty kat or what?
Wayne, I had other plans for next weekend, to stay home and warm,,,,,,,

But Eric told me if I wanted to ride along I could wash dishes for him,,,,,who knows,,,,,LOL

Greg - that's funny. I think the last time he cooked alone he won GC didn't he? If you want you can contact Andy - I think he is still looking for judges. Judging will be in a nice warm building. :)

I have no plans that weekend Plowboy. Depending on when you are headed that way I would be more than happy to hitch your rig up. That sounds kinda weird! Anywhooo Let me know!

Doorbusters said:
I have no plans that weekend Plowboy. Depending on when you are headed that way I would be more than happy to hitch your rig up. That sounds kinda weird! Anywhooo Let me know!

sounds like a notch past spoonin' to me.... but hey you keep warm however you gotta do it.

"You want me to put my what, in the what, what?? Mod." :shock:

Plowboy said:

Plowboy, since you have decided to go play with fire leave the hog on the porch and I'll send a check. If I didn't have prior commitments I'd go freeze by butt off with the rest of ya, but not this time.

Hey! If it gets up past 30F then I'll at least come meet you all!

I can't believe you're doing this! What a hard core bunch of Q'rs!

Q On!

/Brother Dave

QansasjayhawQ said:
Hey! If it gets up past 30F then I'll at least come meet you all!

I can't believe you're doing this! What a hard core bunch of Q'rs!

Q On!

/Brother Dave

The forecast calls for 40's.... so come on out bro!

SloppyQ said:
Plowboy, since you have decided to go play with fire leave the hog on the porch and I'll send a check. If I didn't have prior commitments I'd go freeze by butt off with the rest of ya, but not this time.
Will do. Someone MIGHT be home. Don't know yet.

I knew you were coming into town and thought about joining you at the Elks again for a few drinks. Next time, Lee.

Plowboy said:
.....I know Andy's wife, Kim, isn't coming, but what about others? Audrey would like to come, but doesn't want to be the only girl. Anyone bringing wives or girlfriends or is this a guy weekend?

I have to work until 8pm but will be there around 9ish with my wife.

Planning on splitting all of my seasoned maple today. Its all I have here at the house. Would be willing to trade some maple next Saturday for other smoking woods.

Andy - Can we have open fires in a firering out there or in one of those enclosed fireplaces? It will determine how much wood I bring.

Back