Thanksgiving Cake

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I'm usually not a cake person. My wife picked up Paula Deen's new book Celebtrate. She baked a Hummingbird cake. I think it might be the best homemade cake I've eaten. Was like a really moist banana bread with icing. Here is what was left after Turkey Day. There were 6 pies also. About 10 people were eating.

To keep it in Q talk, we might try smoked pecans on it for Christmas.

Attachments

• Thanksgiving 2006 Hummingbird Cake.JPG
    Thanksgiving 2006 Hummingbird Cake.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 78
That looks very good. My mom has a carrot cake recipe that is incredible and looks something like that.

A Carribean woman I work with makes Hummingbird Cakes a couple of times a year. Good Stuff !!

Just as long as it isn't one of those darned King cakes.
Looks good!

Bet it takes a lot of hummingbirds though.

jgh1204 said:
Bet it takes a lot of hummingbirds though.

Yea, and you got to be real fast to shoot one of them little farkers too.:twisted:

qman said:
Yea, and you got to be real fast to shoot one of them little farkers too.:twisted:

Just mix some vodka in the sugar water feeders. It slows them down enough.:biggrin:

thillin said:
Just mix some vodka in the sugar water feeders. It slows them down enough.:biggrin:

Good Idea, also marinates the little guys too. Them wings got to be tough, as hard as they work.

OT, I really like Hummingbird Cake. My sister has a killer recipe, heirloom type, been in family for many years. I will try to get it and post here.

Just looking at it I gained five more pounds.

Man I love cakes!!!!!!!!

Back