Give me a good lamb recipe

Smokinwright

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Going to try a rack of lamb (again). First 1 I did was ok, but it was missing something to make it great.

I plan on using my usual mix of oak, apple, cherry wood to smoke with, but if someone has a good step by step recipe they wouldn't mind sharing, I would greatly appreciate it!

Marinate in a mix OG EVOO, salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary. Cook indirect to ~125 or so, then get your coals as hot as you possibly can, and reverse sear.

My favorite marinade is oil, vinegar, lemon juice, Italian herb mix, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, allspice, a bit of cinnamon. Marinate a few hours or even overnight on a thick cut like butterflied leg of lamb

Marinate in a mix OG EVOO, salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary. Cook indirect to ~125 or so, then get your coals as hot as you possibly can, and reverse sear.

I pretty much do this, but I don't sear at all. I use fresh rosemary and garlic, and throw it in the food processor to get a really loose paste. Rub it all around, and throw it in a ziplock. Marinade time of about 8 hours seems ideal. After that, the garlic gets super strong. Under 4 hours, and there's not much flavor.

Great sauce to put over lamb...

Yogurt & Feta Sauce

150g goat feta
1/2 cup no fat plain yogurt
1 clove garlic, grated or minced
juice of half a lemon
pepper
1/4 tsp fresh mint or cilantro, chopped fine
1/4 tsp dried dill weed

1. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well and set aside in refrigerator for at least an hour. It needs time to let the flavours combine.

+1 on both marinade and cooking method!

My favorite lamb marinade is soy sauce, red wine, sliced onion, garlic and parsley.

Back