LOL .98 cent/lb Briskets.. HEB

If I start driving now from Vermont right now, I could arrive there at ........... nah, forget it.

That is a great price, though.

WOW

I think this kind of thing only happens in Texas!!!

In Michigan, you have to look hi and lo just to find any, unless you know where to look!!

HEB has to be the best Grocery Store in the whole USA. My local HEB is 35 miles away from home. There meats are 2nd to no one. Love there $1.00 bone in chicken breast so delish and cheap.

There are very few places around here that even know what a brisket is. That's it! I'm moving to Texas!!!

:tumbleweed: Well, howdy pardner. (How did that sound?)

In California we pay $3.99 a pound...same as gas.
(I need to move back to Texas)

HEB is HEB, and for the people wanting to move here take I-35 North until it ends.

im going to slice mine right down the middle and do 2 of them 2 ways to try out some new flavors.

HE Butt company which is a store and distrubution company. And if you dont got one, sucks for you because i farkin love that place. go in there 3-4 times a week even if i dont need anything. had whole chickens on sale today $0.77/#. scooped up 5 of them for comps

how do you know this? i called up there and they said nobody sees the sales papers till the night before right after they close. if this is true, my heb carrys random briskets. some ibp, sam kane, national, swift and market trimmed, so if this is true, im gonna take a early lunch and go clean up shop!!!!!

One exactly .5 miles from my house. I'm there daily, rooting through the meat section, being excited that Blues Hog is now on the shelf and checking out the beer selection.

I'll be there first thing in the AM to see if .99 cents per lb is true, if so, I'll get 2 there and then travel to the next nearest one and grab two more.

Practice.. practice..practice.

i was working in harligen tx area last year and they where 1.49 a lbs all the time they where choice that was nice but my smoker was in illinois so that sucked

Awesome, I'm in HEB 4-5 times a week. They've had choice briskets for 2.18 lb lately, gonna have to find some decent selects if that price will be good at my local store.

SO, I work for HEB here in Houston and I got a flyer for tomorrow through next tuesday and Front page.. Theres 3 pallets already weighed up ready to go, its going to be a mad house. 2 are the limit BTW Select but theres some REALLY nice ones

Nostang, you rock for pointing this out for your fellow Brethren lucky enough to be near an HEB. HEB is a 100+ year old Texas grocery store began in the San Antonio area, I believe. Anyway, I do alot of shopping at HEB. In fact, my office is on the 19 floor on Westheimer, and I can look out my office window and see my local HEB less than 1/4 mile down the road!!

Needless to say, I'll be stopping by tomorrow to pick up a pair for my freezer!!

Nostang, thank you!!:bow:

Back