Found a bunch of sauce and rub recipes online

RevZiLLa

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Nice. Many thanks for putting these together.

This caught my eye in one rub:

• 1 teaspoon powdered smoke flavoring

Honestly not sure what that is supposed to be. Dehydrated liquid smoke? :noidea:

Nice. Many thanks for putting these together.

This caught my eye in one rub:

Honestly not sure what that is supposed to be. Dehydrated liquid smoke? :noidea:

I would use smoked paprika...or just omit it because the smoke is in the meat. Avoid liquid smoke.

Looks promising. Ive been wanting to try a cola sauce. Which sauce recipes have you tried?

Honey bourbon, Walter Jetton's, and I have scanned them and found common ingredients and made my own too.

Still want to try the root beer and the alabama white.

I'm smoking my 2nd ever batch of pulled pork right now and want to try my hand at something other than Carolina Gold mustard sauce. Thanks! :thumb:

I haven't tried all of these, so please report back on the ones you try. Don't be afraid to experiment and change up ingredients.

The first rub in the document has a couple added ingredients (noted so in parenthesis) that were a result of looking at other recipes and knowing my own tastes. It is fantastic on ribs or butts or pork steaks. A mustard slather ahead of time is a good idea.

My wife and I did a hybrid BBQ sauce too, but it is not in the sauce doc. I need get that added

Here is that BBQ Sauce recipe not included in the doc.

BBQ Sauce for Pulled Pork (and Just About Anything Else)

½ to 1 cups broth or water, depending on desired thickness of sauce. I usually use
chicken broth or homemade pork broth, but plain ol water can work.
2 c ketchup
½ c packed brown sugar
½ c apple cider vinegar, no substitutes
½ c Worcestershire sauce
2 T molasses
1-2 t celery seed
2-3 T chili powder
1 t onion powder
¼ t garlic powder
¼ t hot pepper sauce, eg. Texas Pete, Tabasco
Optional 1 t juice from pickled jalapeños
¼ t black pepper
salt to taste, usually none is needed because Worcestershire is salty
1 (6-oz) can tomato paste

Stir all ingredients together in a non-reactive sauce pan, starting with the smallest amount of broth you think you might desire for your use. Start with med-hi heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to med-low, stirring often. Simmer for about 20 mins. Adjust thickness with broth, sweetness with brown sugar, richness with chili powder, and spiciness with hot pepper sauce and black pepper. That’s all there is to it.

Back