MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:55 PM   #1
TheMidnightSmoker
On the road to being a farker

Default Holding Chicken and Dogs

This weekend I am committed to cooking 150 pieces of Chicken Thighs and 150 Hot Dogs. yes, I said Hot Dogs. I dont eat them but a friend hired me to cook them. My question is this. I will be using my Jumbo BDS with two racks but it will take at least 2 loads per meat. How can I keep the first batch warm while the second batch is cooking? I will have the finished meat in disposable pans for pick-up. I do have a Carlisle I can keep the meat in but I guess my question is should I be adding any liquid to the pans as they hold the Chicken and Hot Dogs?

Old 09-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
NorthwestBBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Is there anyway to borrow another Smoker? Hot dogs and Chicken get old real fast. You could get steamer trays to hold them:

NorthwestBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2011, 06:59 PM   #3
Goldflinger
Knows what a fatty is.

We use beef broth to hold both burgers and hotdogs when working the concession stand for the baseball booster club.
Goldflinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #4
PimpSmoke
is one Smokin' Farker

Nesco or a large crock with a steam rack.

If it's a well sealed cater hold, it will be good for hours. In my experience the more hot stuff you put in ( four pans full of cooked dogs) the hotter and longer it will hold.
I heard the rip when you sat down.
PimpSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #5
TheMidnightSmoker
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestBBQ View Post
Is there anyway to borrow another Smoker? Hot dogs and Chicken get old real fast.
I could also fire up my 18" WSM, my 22" Cajun Bandit Mod, My 26" Kettle and my 22" One-Touch Platinum if need be. Not sure who would get what though.

I just purchased a used Lang 60 Deluxe but I have to give it a real good cleaning before I can use it. Doubt I will have time before Saturday.

Old 09-21-2011, 07:03 PM   #6
PimpSmoke
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldflinger View Post
We use beef broth to hold both burgers and hotdogs when working the concession stand for the baseball booster club.

This is a good suggestion if they are not swimming in it. I guess I don't know what type of dogs. If they are high quality skin on smoked dogs, take care. If they are Ball Park beef franks, they are infinitely more flexible.

Forgot, Sam's and Wally's have steamer table set ups with the pans, stands and the sterno, everything you need all in one. I think I paid like 20 bucks for one with six pans.
I heard the rip when you sat down.
PimpSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->