Pics from the cook today.

Team DD

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hey guys! Thanks for all of the tips and help on here. I attempted my first bacon weave and fattie. It turned out good. I also smoked a meatloaf and two boston butts on my UDS. Picked up a vacuum sealer today and have some bbq in the freezer now for later. I hope you enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20110903_151828.jpg
    IMG_20110903_151828.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC_0618.jpg
    DSC_0618.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_20110903_173816.jpg
    IMG_20110903_173816.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC_0620.jpg
    DSC_0620.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 157
picture.php

Thanks, I am wondering if I should have cooked the fattie a little longer so the bacon would have gotten a little more crisp. The internal temp was right on though.

I am not too sure you can crisp bacon when it is cooked like that. I don't know if it is sacrilege to throw away that bacon but I don't like rubbery bacon so I would probably not eat that part, just enjoy the flavor imparted by its presence.

I have never cooked a fatty nor have I made a bacon weave so I cannot say for absolutely certain that it will not crisp but it just seems impossible to me.

Nice looking UDS by the way. Have saved rubbery bacon and fried seperatly next morning to crisp up, works well, and keeps some nice smoke flavor. Nothin wrong with that fatty, good job.
Great looking pan of pulled pork, as well.
Thanks for sharing.

I am not too sure you can crisp bacon when it is cooked like that. I don't know if it is sacrilege to throw away that bacon but I don't like rubbery bacon so I would probably not eat that part, just enjoy the flavor imparted by its presence.

I have never cooked a fatty nor have I made a bacon weave so I cannot say for absolutely certain that it will not crisp but it just seems impossible to me.

what i would do is just give it a quick grill to crisp it up a little

I was able to get a nice crisp to my bacon using an offset. I didn't weave it though, just draped it over the tri-tip and pork loin. Smoked at 225-250 for 3.5 to 4 hours.
BTW, your food looks awesome! Gonna try the weave sometime in the near future.

6113728970_265a7ba3b7_z.jpg

Last edited:
Back