Comp Table?

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with a table like this?

Table

I like the idea of hanging utensiles and the bottom shelf to keep things off the ground.

Table

I like the idea of hanging utensiles and the bottom shelf to keep things off the ground.

I haven't used that one but it looks too weak and easily blown over. My .02

I cooked with someone that had one similar and thought it was too wobbly and not very sturdy. JMO

The best one that I have seen is the one Poopy had at the Royal. It is one one wheels, with a SS top and lower shelf. Breaks down easialy too. I think it is about 100 at Sams.

I have the same table Trainwreck has. It's a lot more sturdy and durable and is very well organized and packs pretty tight.

I agree looking at the pic of this one that it might be too flimsy and wobbly.

This is the one I use and I like it alot. I bought it on sale for $100. I can leave the bags packed and just re-hang them at the next contest. Makes things a little easier.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...parentType=index&indexId=cat601233&hasJS=true

I have the same table Trainwreck has. It's a lot more sturdy and durable and is very well organized and packs pretty tight.

I agree looking at the pic of this one that it might be too flimsy and wobbly.

I agree guys. That one looks great. I've been thinking about getting one like that for camping.

We have one like the one shown in Trainwrecks link. It works great, but needs to be spplemented with another table. Just not enough space IMO.

I have seen a few guys with this set up. It's basically a regular table bumped up to working height by a PVC frame that can be disassembled for transport. It's sturdy and also allows for lower shelf to be utilized.
table.jpg

We use two additional six foot tables as well, plus that one. It's just a nice organized unit. The other two are basic folding tables that have legs that extend to 48in high.

I have seen a few guys with this set up. It's basically a regular table bumped up to working height by a PVC frame that can be disassembled for transport. It's sturdy and also allows for lower shelf to be utilized.
table.jpg
Man that is a kick ass idea!!! I am going to make this mod this week for both of my folding tables. Already I have been using the extensions, but never thought to make a shelf...

The best one that I have seen is the one Poopy had at the Royal. It is one one wheels, with a SS top and lower shelf. Breaks down easialy too. I think it is about 100 at Sams.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=158456

Currently at $115 at my Sam's. I think these are just about the best accessory a bbq guy ever had! We own a couple. Totally impervious to heat, so you can set hot grates, chimneys or whatever on it with no damage. Heavy duty enough to hold several cases of briskets. Easy to roll, with locking casters. Perfect work height to save your back. Sturdy lower shelf holds stuff but liquids go right through.

Use one for your worktable and supplement with a folding plastic table to for dry storage and you're all set.

table.jpg

Noah-
Here is a slide show made by a competitor named Ken Johnson out of Topeka, KS. Shows what to buy and how to put it together.

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/barbqr/?action=view&current=1177797434.pbw

You cant pause that slide show :mad: It took me like 10 times to write down the specs. What is the diameter of the PVC?

Table

I have that exact table. I only use it to stack stuff on to keep it out of my way and off the table I do most of my work on. It comes in handy, but has no other real use. It is a wobbily S.O.B. but is good for that little bit of extra space.

Back