Contest Results Smoke On The Water - Hot Springs, AR - Sept 19 & 20, 2008

smknwhlswife

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Smoke on Wheels will be there with Wayne(Mokan Meathead). This will be our next contest and we are looking forward to it. We know it will be a great time, can't wait to see everyone. We should be there sometime early Friday morning.

Hi we are coming all the way down from Cleveland, Ohio for this contest.

I'm actually picking up a new BBQ pit from Jamie Geer that week and the contest was on the way home so I thought I'd christen the pit at Smoke On The Water.

Probably not the brightest idea to cook for the first time on a new cooker against such great competition but like I said its on the way and I do like cooking in Big Contests. Not too many bigger than this one.

I look forward to meeting everyone.

Dallas
Double D's BBQ

We'll be there. Pulling in Friday morning. Leaving the 5th wheeler and kids at home. Just Jim, Joann, Jana and me. Friday the 19th is my birthday :lol:. Should be a fun one. Hopefully I'll have some AHA TORO by then :-D

Chris
Early Bird BBQ

We'll be there. Pulling in Friday morning. Leaving the 5th wheeler and kids at home. Just Jim, Joann, Jana and me. Friday the 19th is my birthday :lol:. Should be a fun one. Hopefully I'll have some AHA TORO by then :-D

Hey Chris.....we are leaving the kids at home too!!!! PARTY! PARTY!:icon_clown

We'll be there Friday AM. I'll have a cooler full of cold Shiners if anyone wants to partake:rolleyes:

I'm not a comp cook but I'm in Hot Springs 'most every weekend.

If y'all would let me know what team names your using I'd like to drop by and say hello.

Joe

I'm not a comp cook but I'm in Hot Springs 'most every weekend.

If y'all would let me know what team names your using I'd like to drop by and say hello.

Joe

Joe,

Please stop by and hang out for a while. Our new pit will be having a coming out party at this contest. The name of the team is also my handle, Double D's BBQ. Look forward to seeing you there!

Dallas

Wishing like hell that I could be with you on this one Dallas....but, will be sending out the mojo of the BBQ Gods........

Joe,

Please stop by and hang out for a while. Our new pit will be having a coming out party at this contest. The name of the team is also my handle, Double D's BBQ. Look forward to seeing you there!

Dallas

Thanks for the invite. I'll definitely stop by.

Joe

Great to have the contest in town. If there is anything I can do for you guys let me know. Welcome to Hot Springs.

Hi we are coming all the way down from Cleveland, Ohio for this contest.

I'm actually picking up a new BBQ pit from Jamie Geer that week and the contest was on the way home so I thought I'd christen the pit at Smoke On The Water.

Probably not the brightest idea to cook for the first time on a new cooker against such great competition but like I said its on the way and I do like cooking in Big Contests. Not too many bigger than this one.

I look forward to meeting everyone.

Dallas
Double D's BBQ

If you will be traveling between Texarkana and Dallas cruise control is your friend. The state, and various small towns, make a lot of money on that road:wink:

Great to have the contest in town. If there is anything I can do for you guys let me know. Welcome to Hot Springs.
Fred, we'll be coming down US71 to Van Buren-Ft.Smith. Would our best route from there be to continue on 71 South to 270 East on in to Hot Springs? (towing our 26ft trailer)

Will be in somtime early friday hey Dallas I sent you a PM regarding the Geer

Look forward to seeing everyone

Fred, we'll be coming down US71 to Van Buren-Ft.Smith. Would our best route from there be to continue on 71 South to 270 East on in to Hot Springs? (towing our 26ft trailer)

Greg,

I've never pulled a trailer thru there but it's the way I always travel between Ft. Smith and Hot Springs. Can't think of anything more trailer friendly that isn't a Bunch of extra miles.

We'll be there but I'm judging this one, not cooking. Would definately like to see that Geer pit though.

anybody have any ideas about the BBQ sauce comp part like how they want it turned in and how much?

If you will be traveling between Texarkana and Dallas cruise control is your friend. The state, and various small towns, make a lot of money on that road:wink:

Thanks for the tip Jorge! I tend to have a heavy foot on the gas peddle when travelling long distances. I'll definitely put in on cruise control from Ft. Worth to Hot Springs!

We'll be there but I'm judging this one, not cooking. Would definately like to see that Geer pit though.

Richie, please feel free to stop by and take a look at the pit. We'll be getting in the night before so we should be there close to the time the gates open. We'll probably be seasoning the pit that morning.

Will be in somtime early friday hey Dallas I sent you a PM regarding the Geer

Look forward to seeing everyone

You've got mail! Just got your message this afternoon. We've been out of town at the Nashville, IN comp since Friday morning. We'll definitely take you up on the most gracious offer! Thanks again and look forward to meeting you and all the other Brethren that will be there!

Back