Reheating Fatties

sfisch

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Have a open house to go to Saturday and wanted to do up a couple fatties to take. Problem is won't be able to cook on Saturday. If I do them Friday night, foil and refridgerate, will they be as good reheated in the oven Saturday?

Scott

Definately foil and fridge. Should be about as good. You can always slice before reheating and reheat in a skillet with the artery clogging oil/grease of your choice.

Yeah, they should be as good, but like Greg says...you might want to slice before reheating. I have never tried to reheat whole.

Definately foil and fridge. Should be about as good. You can always slice before reheating and reheat in a skillet with the artery clogging oil/grease of your choice.

In the skillet with the artery clogging grease is the way I prefer to do it.

I have never tried to reheat whole.

I always do them whole.

Frying pan (or just one deep enough for about 1/2" water) with the lid on at a low simmer.

Just make sure the water doesnt completely boil away

You also don't want too much water, thats why I use an oversized fry pan. Less "submerged" in water and more steamed.

About 20-30 minutes, slice and eat.

If they are already sliced, I have nuked them with okay results, prefer steam/water bath.

I always do them whole.

Frying pan (or just one deep enough for about 1/2" water) with the lid on at a low simmer..

I have one in the freezer...after it thaws, Im gonna give it a shot.

Slicing cold makes for better presentation and they go further. I either nuke a half dozen slices on a paper towel and serve with eggs, or heat right back up in the same skillet as the eggs. Enough grease will weep out. Very versitle,you CANT screw up a fattie, not even Bobby Flay.

Back