MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:49 AM   #1
GrillsGoneWild
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Do you even Beef Rib, bro?

Some may have seen my post last week that I came across a case of 1855 Beef Short Ribs at a Restaurant Depot that was on sale. I'm glad I had some extra space in the deep freeze. They all went there, except on rack that I could smoke this past weekend as a tester.

Got it trimmed up and rubbed. I used 2 different rubs to try out the difference. On the left is simple S&P, then on the right is Pecan Lodge rub recipe.

Wrapped up and ready to go into the fridge overnight.

Onto the smoker with oak chunks

Just about done

Letting it rest before cutting

On the cutting board (also smoked some baby backs as that is what the wife likes)

Mid bone

Thanks for looking.

Thanks from:--->

Old 04-14-2014, 10:51 AM   #2
sliding_billy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : )

Looking good. Which rub did you prefer?

Old 04-14-2014, 10:55 AM   #3
peeps
somebody shut me the fark up.

Very nice! I also want to know what you preferred...

Also interested in the Pecan Lodge Rub recipe
- [B][COLOR="darkorange"]Major[/COLOR][/B] - Mini WSM (from SJS)

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2014, 10:56 AM   #4
Guando
Full Fledged Farker

Man those look good. Thanks for sharing.
Guando is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2014, 11:05 AM   #5
GrillsGoneWild
is one Smokin' Farker

The salt and pepper was good, but the PL rub was just a bit better. I think it is the garlic in there. I think I need to kick up the pepper, but I think I have it down. I'll post up the recipe when I get home this evening. I got it from when Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives was at Pecan Lodge a few years ago. They didn't give out exact amounts but said what all the spices were (if they didn't leave out something or say if some different than what they were putting in). I don't think he tried to hide anything because it was back before he became "famous". I think what makes it unique is he uses chili powder and mustard powder.

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-14-2014, 11:54 AM   #6
Jeffm827i
Full Fledged Farker

Looks like some good eats!
Jeffm827i is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2014, 12:06 PM   #7
HossIsBoss
Full Fledged Farker

looks like a real mans meal good job.
HossIsBoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2014, 12:11 PM   #8