• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What about this $20 smoker

Search Tulsa CL for Oklahoma Joe, Cookshack, bbq, barbeque, Weber, Webber, charcoal, grill, offset, vertical, Klose, bbq pit, electric smoker, lodge, basically any other brand name and their variant spellings.

You'll find someone to take your $$$$

So no go?

Yeah, it's a no go. It's ok, don't know if it would of worked out well anyways. Got a good rss app for computer now, so I have like a dozen bbq searches on craigslist now that the rss program checks every 5 minutes.

Craigslist + RSS rocks :)

Too bad you missed out!

Yeah, well I'll run across another soon. I have a totally cool idea:

Gutted electric vertical smoker--bought cheap on craiglist--, holes drilled in the bottom, sitting over handmade brick firebox with adjustable vent metal door. Seal the two together with some mortar or something.

You keep saying that but you post a new BBQ purchase on here everyday! lol

It's ok, you're in good company :thumb:

You keep saying that but you post a new BBQ purchase on here everyday! lol

It's ok, you're in good company :thumb:

Hehe check this out.. I haven't spent much:

Mini WSM $100
Hasty-Bake Suburban $125 (new is like $800)
Weber OTG 22.5" $60 new in box
Davy Crocket (Free gift)
PGS K40 (MHP clone) gas grill $40+150 in repairs ($1200 new)
Bayou Classic 60k Propane Burner $50

I want a stubby but can't pay $1k+ for it heh. Need to keep my vertical smoker (with doors) down to under $200 as well.

I am probably gonna sell off some of the gear I have.. have too much already lol.

I have nothing to do full packers and considering vertical smoker with doors instead of 55 gallon UDS. But only if I can get it airtight like a UDS.

What about the cases of pork, the freezer, the maverick, the camera set up? I'm sure I'm forgetting some :)

My wife is the same way... It's not what she spent, it's what she saved!

And that list is over 600 bucks before the other stuff. You should just save it up and get your stubby! :-D

What about the cases of pork, the freezer, the maverick, the camera set up? I'm sure I'm forgetting some :)

My wife is the same way... It's not what she spent, it's what she saved!

And that list is over 600 bucks before the other stuff. You should just save it up and get your stubby! :-D

Well food doesn't count, you gotta buy that regardless, and buy buying cases I'm actually SAVING money.. So this forum is actually saving me moneY! :p

Btw I buy cheap stuff lol. $1.45/lb pork butt.. $1.99/lb spares $1.99 clod

Ok so just the freezer, camera set up and maverick, you're prolly still pushing $8-900. I would call you more thrifty than poor is all. :-D

Ok so just the freezer, camera set up and maverick, you're prolly still pushing $8-900. I would call you more thrifty than poor is all. :-D

Actually.. .lol....

I got a used Nikon D200 for $135 from ebay that works like a charm and perfect for ISO 100 work I do w/ my flash & food. $200 for the 35mm lens. $150 on 2 x YN 560 III flashes and about $150 on light stands, umbrellas, and other gear. But I bought the lighting gear like a coupel years ago so it don't count :p I really love this D200.. it was like $1600 new.

Like I said.. It's not what you spent, it's what you saved!

:-D

Bricks! Brick firebox.. brick up sides of used gutted electric smoker, bricks over the top.. all mortared in! metal door! heat separated so it wont destroy the door or smoker. I think it'd work! But it'd be permanent.

I'm tempted to empty the fridge and go to work before the Missus comes home.
I'll blame you tho.

Back