Bean Help

Big George's BBQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I am thinking of using dried beans for making Wampus bake bean recipe. What would the eqivalent of (6) 15 oz cans of great nothern beans be in dried great northern beans

I'm not really positive, but I would think that 1 lb of dried beans, once properly soaked, would equal 2 (15 oz) cans of beans. Maybe more. Hopefully others with more dried bean experience will chime in.

Even if you're off a bit, you should be fine. My original recipe was 2 cans of beans and I use 3 cans now for a single recipe, just to stretch it and make more servings. I don't notice a real difference in overall taste with more or less beans, just more or less beans.

I'm not really positive, but I would think that 1 lb of dried beans, once properly soaked, would equal 2 (15 oz) cans of beans. Maybe more. Hopefully others with more dried bean experience will chime in.

Even if you're off a bit, you should be fine. My original recipe was 2 cans of beans and I use 3 cans now for a single recipe, just to stretch it and make more servings. I don't notice a real difference in overall taste with more or less beans, just more or less beans.
I'll bet it is closer to 3 or 4 = to 1 lb. dried.

Okay I guess I should be more specific.:wink:

1 pound dry beans equals
2 cups dry beans, before cooking
6 cups beans, after cooking
4 15-ounce cans of beans

Okay I guess I should be more specific.:wink:

1 pound dry beans equals
2 cups dry beans, before cooking
6 cups beans, after cooking
4 15-ounce cans of beans

I am no expert here. When I buy local dried Great Northern Beans grown about 10 miles from my house that is what I get. I buy my beans from the farmers elevator. They seem to expand a bit more than store bought bagged one pounders.

Back