MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #61
Grange
Knows what a fatty is.

I'm heading over to my sister's and brother-in-law's place for Easter dinner and it is a potluck dinner. I decided to use my BGE and make these beans. I'm heading over there in about a half hour and the beans not only look great but taste great! I have a stong suspicion they are going to love them. I'll be making these again. The only thing I will do differently is fry the bacon a little longer before adding the pepper and onion. Great recipe!

Grange is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 04-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #62
Muscrat
is one Smokin' Farker

Well I gave the bean recipe a good ol college try. They turned out really good as far as I was concerned. Others didn't seen to like them as much. Too much peach flavor I think was the comments I got. Must have been the kind of peaches I used. But still good!!
Muscrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #63
Grange
Knows what a fatty is.

They were a little sweet for my father, but everyone else really liked them.
Grange is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2012, 01:32 AM   #64
energyzer
is one Smokin' Farker

AWESOME Beans!! Can't say enough. I made these last weekend, and everybody loved them. Thanks to Wampus for sharing!

Old 05-28-2012, 08:33 AM   #65
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : George

I made 2 Batches of this yesterday. I finished 2 pork butts that had been put on the Egg at !2:30 AM. I then smoked 2 Bob Evans Maple Fatties. I used 6 cans of beans instead of 4, and Blue Hog BBQ Sauce instead of the recommended Famous Dave's as I could not find it. I also used 1 1/2 tsp Cheyenne Pepper. I smoked it for 4 hours on the Egg using Whicked Good Lump and Apple wood chunks- still doing well from the pork butts- got > 20 hrs from that burn. All I can say is OMG Farkin Awesome. If you have not tried this you definately should. Thanks Wampus Will definately do again.
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 05-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #66
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George's BBQ View Post
I made 2 Batches of this yesterday. I finished 2 pork butts that had been put on the Egg at !2:30 AM. I then smoked 2 Bob Evans Maple Fatties. I used 6 cans of beans instead of 4, and Blue Hog BBQ Sauce instead of the recommended Famous Dave's as I could not find it. I also used 1 1/2 tsp Cheyenne Pepper. I smoked it for 4 hours on the Egg using Whicked Good Lump and Apple wood chunks- still doing well from the pork butts- got > 20 hrs from that burn. All I can say is OMG Farkin Awesome. If you have not tried this you definately should. Thanks Wampus Will definately do again.
Yep. Redhot made them yesterday too. Our mods were three cans of beans instead of two, Jack Daniel's Honey Smokehouse sauce, rum (We forgot to get bourbon...) and probably 2 tsp of cayenne.

Best beans ever!!!!!
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #67
SmokyWoodturner
On the road to being a farker

Way to Go Wampus
Gonna hafta have some of them

SmokeyWoodturner
SmokyWoodturner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #68
Hook_Line_and_Sinker
is One Chatty Farker

That's the beauty of this place! I would have missed this threat had it not been for the new posts. Thank you Wampus for sharing this with the brethren, and those that tryed it and posted back!

These will be tryed out this summer for sure, the look and sound great!

Viking 30 inch Gravity Fed Charcoal Smoker
Brinkmann 5 burner gas grill with sear & rotisserie
UDS's 3 and growing
Char Griller w/SFB w/mods
Orion Cooker
Charbroil 7000 Gas Grill
Hook_Line_and_Sinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #69
Wampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook_Line_and_Sinker View Post
That's the beauty of this place! I would have missed this threat had it not been for the new posts. Thank you Wampus for sharing this with the brethren, and those that tryed it and posted back!

These will be tryed out this summer for sure, the look and sound great!

YES!

Thanks to all that tried them this past weekend. I got a few PM's and answered some questions last week. Glad to see that folks that tried em liked em.

The recently mentioned mods are pretty much what I've been doing too. Sauce is really a preference thing. I like how Famous Dave's Apricot Bourbon sauce adds the bourbon and fruity flavor with a nice kick, but I've also added Big Butz HOT a lot.

I also go with the cayenne.

Thanks all for posting back!

Old 05-30-2012, 12:04 PM   #70
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wampus View Post
I like how Famous Dave's Apricot Bourbon sauce adds the bourbon and fruity flavor with a nice kick, but I've also added Big Butz HOT a lot.

I also go with the cayenne.

Thanks all for posting back!
Yep. I got the JD because of the bourbon flavoring. They only seem to carry about three of the Famous Dave's brand here. We did consider the Big Butz though, as we keep that on hand. The recipe ROCKS Wampus!
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #71
zwylde1
Take a breath!

Recipe looks awesome. Has anyone substituted HDD for the Cayanne in this?

[FONT=Arial Black]Of everything I have lost in this life...I miss my mind the most![/FONT]
zwylde1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #72
cloudbuster
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Menards has FD Apricot Bourbon sauce around here. I absolutely love this recipe, both making it and eating it.

Wampus, I can't thank you enough for sharing!

Old 05-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #73
NCguyHere
Got Wood.

Made two large pans of these for my Memorial Day cook. They are AWESOME! Couldn't find the apricot bourbon bbq sauce but I got my hands on some FD sweet and sassy and they came out great. Thanks again Wampus
NCguyHere is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #74
maconusmile
Found some matches.

Congrats.. Sounds like a good recipe. I will be trying these once i can have carbohydrates again.
maconusmile is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #75
Dave S
On the road to being a farker

Thanks Wampus. I made these this weekend for my nephew's birthday party. My brother made pulled pork in the crock-pot but I kept it real with the Wampus beans. They were a huge hit. I couldn't find the FD bourbon BBQ sauce so I just made do with what I had at the house. They were terrific.
Thanks!