World Food Championships

Appears they are only taking Grand Champions which, um, rules me out....

Sounds like another good time in Vegas! Hopefully some Brethren get to bring home some cash!

From the website-

The World Barbecue Championship will bring the greatest competition barbecue teams, cooks and chefs together under one Vegas sky to settle the score and name the World Barbecue Champion. The World Barbecue Champion will go on to the Final Table and see if ‘America’s Cuisine’ will rule the world.
Choosing from all the major sanctioning bodies, The World Food Championships will select 90 premier barbecue competitions. The Grand Champion of those 90 events will receive automatic invitations to enter and compete at The World Food Championships, along with 5 champions selected by the WFC Competition Committee and 5 champions selected by Just A Pinch. What will start with 100 of the best championship pitmasters across all sanctioning bodies, will end up with just one winner.
Saturday, November 3, 2012
Prize Purse: $50,000

Maybe mma is doing a KCBS competitor series and just didn't tell anyone at KCBS. I mean, they would do a competitor series event, right? They shouldn't just 'sanction' it themselves when they work with KCBS on our marketing?

From what I have read on the site, they are picking 90 BBQ Competitions across all of the major different sactioning bodies, MBN,MIM,KCBS,FBA,NCBA,NEBS,PNWBA etc.

That means this contest doesn't have to be sanctioned by any BBQ organization, they just find out the GC of a contest and invite them.

From those 90 comps the Grand Champions get an invite to Vegas.

WFC Competition Committee then chooses 5 teams from applications

And another 5 are chosen by JustAPinch.com

Total field of 100.

Then the winner faces off against the other category groups at a chefs table the next day to deterimine the World Food Champion.

I heard this past weekend williepallooza will be one of the 90 contests

I can dig it...:cool:

Pacific Northwest BBQ Association

3 contestants (comprised by the Grand Champions of the following 3 events):

OR State Championship BBQ Competition – Aloha, OR
Canadian National Championship – Whistler, BC
Tree Top Skewered Apple BBQ Championship – Selah, WA

Should be very interesting! I'm guessing the qualifying period began Jan. 1, 2012?

Does the rules page cover it?
Wonder about scoring system etc?
Maybe able to have turn ins timed so a team
could cook Ronnies $125,000 the same weekend

Wish I knew about this before I already had my schedule in place for 3+ months... Oh week, as a great baseball team is known for... There is always next year...

Back