MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:32 PM   #1
Goldflinger
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Spit jack help?

Good evening guys and gals,
I got a new spit jack injector, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get it apart. Nothing like my first post after my introduction being a stupid question like this, but I found myself really cussing the directions. Can anyone help me with a good explanation! I had to put my two butts on the smoker with just some rub. If I don't get any help from you good folks, I will just have to call the company Monday, if Irene doesn't get them first.
Goldflinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2011, 09:36 PM   #2
Boshizzle
somebody shut me the fark up.

Which one you got? The ones I have seen have a screw on the handle end that you have to loosen and then you can remove the "barrel."

Old 08-26-2011, 10:17 PM   #3
Goldflinger
Knows what a fatty is.

No model number on the instructions or the case. It has 2 rings at the base of the tube. The directions say to loosen the back ring. Can get it loose, but can not figure out how to get it off. No screw at all on the whole unit! I do appreciate your response however, thanks!

Old 08-26-2011, 10:21 PM   #4
Smokin' D
is One Chatty Farker

Does the one you have resemble a caulking gun? If so, there are two knurled rings at the end of the barrel at the handle end. Loosen them. They are standard threads so twisting the one on the barrel counter clockwise will loosen them. When that is loose, the barrel should just come right off. Some times the O ring on the plunger will stick to the inside of the barrel preventing removal, just squeeze the handle and that will get things moving. If it is difficult to remove , just pull a little harder. You won't hurt anything. Once you have it apart, applying some vegetable oil on the O ring will make life easier for you.
Smokin' D is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-2011, 06:51 AM   #5
Goldflinger
Knows what a fatty is.

Smoking D, thanks! That worked! Can't believe it was that tight. My butts are now 10 hours in, and it is too late to inject now! I keep spritzing with apple juice and hope they come out well, they sure smell good. Thank you for your response!

Old 08-27-2011, 08:34 AM   #6
Shiz-Nit
Babbling Farker

I got one and they are a GREAT!!! injector.

Advice
When you do get it apart put a little oil around the O ring on the plunger. This will help it from sticking and also dry rotting and cracking over time.

Instagram - bluegrasssouthernsmokers

Deep South GC28
Forno Venetzia wood fired pizza oven
Weber Summit S-670 natural gasser
Traeger pellet pooper
BGE's
Shiz-Nit is offline   Reply With Quote