A Little Q Goes a Long Way

jocosa

Full Fledged Farker
So our riding mower is on the blink... my husband is troubleshooting it a little each day, but our yard is looking more and more like a wildlife refuge. We ask the neighbor if we can borrow their riding mower... they say it's also borrowed and they can't. No problem, we respect that.

So the next day, the neighbor is knocking at the front door asking if he can mow our yard for us... he only mows the front, but that's fine. They've been great neighbors and I wanted to express my appreciation - so I smoked a rack of baby backs and took them over this afternoon... still hot, after a quick spritz and wrap in foil.

Got the usual fuss 'You didn't have to do that!' and so on... after visiting for a bit, I head back home to check other food in the smoker... and hear them hootin' and a hollerin' about the ribs through the open windows (and I knew it was good).... about 15 minutes later... I hear a mower approaching, and it's the neighbor returned to mow the back yard... :cool:

And no, I didn't ask...

Send that mower south and I'll cook whatever the man wants!!! :-D

CHIT!!! or send him NORTH:icon_shock1:...guess I'm just used to the vast number of posting yankees on here! Didnt look at where you were from before I responded...

Sorry bout that!

I just gave my neighbor a half dozen tamales :-D

Unfortunately, he doesn't even mow his own grass:sad:

Back