Pulled Pork with Jalapeno Cheddar Chaffles

emtnate

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
It was a warm and sunny 45 degree day, and some small hunks of Pork Shoulder were $3 each at Meijer this morning. A few of us at work have been trying Keto to loose weight or keep it down with decent success so far. Keto blogs rage about Chaffles which are really just a frittata cooked in a waffle maker.

Rub for the pork was SPOG with Paprika, a little chili powder, and cayenne pepper powder. Rub was applied with mustard and the meat was smoked over indirect heat on my gasser at 275 with apple chips on the burner. Even though it was warm, I have more trouble maintaining even heat with charcoal during the Winter months. I had other things to do today and didn't want to monitor fuel all day, even with a stoker going.

goROWNY.jpg

UIXkf02.jpg

Next up is the so called Chaffle. This makes 4 small waffles on my waffle maker.

2 eggs
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 finely minced jalapeno pepper
Pinch of salt

Mix it up and cook on a waffle maker. Let them cool.

Once everything was done, use the chaffles as a bun for a pulled pork sandwich. I used some bottled sugar free sauce. It was, okay. I really need to make my own. The sandwich, was good. As expected, the chaffle is a bit eggy, but it works with the flavors of the pork. I should have made my jalepeno coleslaw for a topping as well.

McHweWI.jpg

Last edited:
Nate-

Great idea to put some slaw on that- do you mind sharing the recipe? I assume it's also keto, right? Thanks!

The Jalapeno coleslaw I make isn't necessarily keto, but I would call it keto friendly. There is a little sugar in it, but you could easily use your favorite substitute.

For ease, I usually use a bag of slaw mix with 2 jalapeno peppers and and 3 green onions added.

The dressing is:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon white vinegar
1 Tablespoon sugar or sugar substitute to taste.
1 Tablespoon spicy brown mustard
1/4 Teaspoon salt
1/4 Teaspoon cumin
A few grinds of black pepper
Juice from a 1/2 a lime.

Add the dressing to the veggies and let it rest for several hours in the fridge before serving.

Last edited:
I cook frittatas often for Sunday morning breakfast.I may have to give the Chaffles a try.Thanks for the idea.

I make a pretty similar version of this cole slaw. People love it. A little bite from the jalapenos goes great with the limes. Especially during the hot summer months.

Back