Shack Attack BBQ Sauce Recipe

Maldon Sea Salt...now that I've heard of. I'm not sure I'd use Maldon Sea Salt. It's really classified as a finishing salt, some even think it's better than Fluer de Sel. But I'll see if I can come up with a conversion. The much smaller salt flakes make it a little harder to figure out.

By weight they should be the same I'd think as I can't imagine the density of a salt crystal being any different. Just weigh the 1 1/2 TBS Mortons on your kitchen scale perhaps?

By weight they should be the same I'd think as I can't imagine the density of a salt crystal being any different. Just weigh the 1 1/2 TBS Mortons on your kitchen scale perhaps?

I'd just spend the fifty cents for a 26 ounce package of table salt. :laugh: Once it dissolves in all that vinegar, salt is salt.

You know, I just got approval for three fundraisers. One for our actual organization (The Minnie Howell Good Vittles and Wood Cookery Society - A Charity for "at risk youth") in July, another for our Mexico Mission, and the third for some shoe thing for at risk kids.

I am going to do pulled pork for our org because its the highest netter....

I would like this sauce for that but will be using my rather mild Cajun Chef Hot Sauce I can get by the gallon.

Thanks.

Here is a delicious version of an old VA BBQ sauce inspired by a VA BBQ man named Shack. I drink this stuff straight, that's how good it is. It has no sugar in it, so sweet sauce fans may want to stay away.

1 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup of your favorite hot sauce
1 Tablespoon (TBS) Paprika
1 TBS Black Pepper
1 TBS Kitchen Salt
2 TBS Yellow Mustard (French)

Mix well, let sit for at least 24 to 48 hours before serving for best results. I blend it in my Ninja, that's why it's about 16 ounces total.

picture.php

Sir Larry of Rocklin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a delicious version of an old VA BBQ sauce inspired by a VA BBQ man named Shack. I drink this stuff straight, that's how good it is. It has no sugar in it, so sweet sauce fans may want to stay away.

1/4 cup water
1 TBS Black Pepper
1 TBS Kitchen Salt

Mix well, let sit for at least 24 to 48 hours before serving for best results. I blend it in my Ninja, that's why it's about 16 ounces total.

picture.php

GREAT job bro!

maybe it ought to go without saying, but I'll say it anyways:

You are truly one of the best cooks on this site!

I can't wait to try this! You don't simmer this on the stove or anything? Just mix it up and let it sit (I assume no refridgeration necessary with the vinegar in it)?

Nope, just mix it up well (I use a blender) and let it sit.

Or just close the high hat up, make it funky and let it sit for 2 boogie nights before you do the housequake.

Funk speak

Boshizzle .. Do you use Texas Pete as your hot sauce in the shack attack recipe..??
Seems like that would be the go to hot sauce for that recipe...

1/4 cup water
1 TBS Black Pepper
1 TBS Kitchen Salt

picture.php

Question regarding "1/4 cup of your favorite hot sauce" - I assume you are referring to Tabasco Sauce or Louisiana Hot Sauce as opposed to something like Pace Picante Sauce?

I personally don't like Tabasco. I use Texas Pete. But, use whatever you like.

Back