The best Carne Asada so far

Ross in Ventura

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
DSC_0001-22.jpg

DSC_0002-19.jpg

I went to Tresierras Hispanic Market in Santa Paula Ca. and bought two lbs. of store made and marinaded Carne Asada this afternoon.
DSC_0004-15.jpg

DSC_0012-19.jpg

On the Egg @ 400*
DSC_0006-18.jpg

DSC_0010-18.jpg

DSC_0016-10.jpg

The aroma is outstanding
DSC_0021-3.jpg

DSC_0022-8.jpg

DSC_0025-7.jpg

Served with Jackie's Refried Beans, outstanding the best Carne Asada we have had

Thanks for looking

Ross

My Blog http://grillingandsmoking.blogspot.com/

Outstanding!

It's nice having a Carniceria with good Asada that's not too far away. Any idea of what they used for the marinade?

I just made some on Saturday using one of your recipes. Thanks!

I have leftovers and I'm thinking of making some carne asada fries!

Ross, what a fantastic looking meal. I'm missing Texas right now...

As usual, Ross - outstanding!

Looks sooooo good Ross..... wish I had one or two right now! :-D

I never have been able to duplicate the marinade they make at the local Mexican market and they're not tipping their hand.

Well, the La Fiesta market a half block from me has the store marinated Carne Asada that sells like hot cakes and I've always been tempted...Your thread has just convinced me!

Question Ross: Have you ever sliced then breaded and fried the marinated beef?

The carniceria in town here in Tracy CA uses orange and lime juice marinade, and then seasons with Chef Merito carne asada seasoning when you buy your meat. It is EXCELLENT.

That looks GREAT! Love the whole set up, with a little red wine too.

Something different for around here!

I never have been able to duplicate the marinade they make at the local Mexican market and they're not tipping their hand.

Most Mexican markets use more or less the same marinade ingredients:

Orange Juice
Sliced Onions
Cilantro
Seasoning Salt

I use pretty much the same thing, and use a combo or one of my dry rubs (one that is heavy with Chili Powder and Paprika) and Lawry's. I coat each piece of meat with rub and salt, then place it in a ziplock plastic bag, then add cilantro and onion, then repeat. I then add freshly squeezed OJ at the end, seal the bag, and let it marinate for at LEAST 4 hours, preferably overnight or even two days. If you can find USDA Choice skirt steak, all the better. I get mine at Costco. Last trip to Costco it was so heavily marbled it looked like Kobe beef. Best Carne asada I've ever had, period.

Back