Red white and blue (Westmont IL)

N

n-2-que

anyone going to this on May26 and 27th in Westmont IL, think this will be our first comp. still debating on council bluffs iowa or this one.

I plan on going, as it's my hometown. Just spoke with the organizer today and he guarantee's me that the Proclamation is complete and he just needs to get it to the KCBS...

They are trying to make this as cooker friendly as possible.

Scottie
cancersuckschicago.com

And the Grand Champion gets a Big Green Egg!

just got the bullsheet in mail i noticed it was listed for green egg =)

anyone going to this on May26 and 27th in Westmont IL, think this will be our first comp. still debating on council bluffs iowa or this one.

I think council bluffs Iowa is full. so the debate could be over.

I am registered for this, and it will be my first comp. Slow Smoke BBQ (a one man band for now, but trying to bribe friends w/ beer and food to be on the team)

Wish I could be there. Too much going on with the store and that may just be our grand opening. If it is not our grand opening, I might try to make it up there on Saturday just to hang out for a bit or help someone tear down.

Scottie, glad to see you found your way here.

I will be there cooking with Dr. Chuckie.

Wish I could be there. Too much going on with the store and that may just be our grand opening. If it is not our grand opening, I might try to make it up there on Saturday just to hang out for a bit or help someone tear down.

Scottie, glad to see you found your way here.

Hey Greg... You know it's a Saturday/Sunday contest right?

Scottie

I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

welp got off the phone with the people with red white and bbq, our check is in the mail tomorrow. SO IT is on for our first competition so anyone going stop by say hello and i will do the same. i had to get oral surgery today and had a little mishap a hour after the surgery had to rush back get more stitches put in, i won't get into detail but it was bad. So tomorrow i will go pick up trailer.

Got word last night that the official State Proclamation came in. So it is now a State Championship.

Hope to see you there.

Scottie

Chi-Town Smokers will be there. We had an invite to the Great American BBQ but gotta support the local stuff
anyway ..drive 30 min or drive 8 hrs..it was a no brainer decision

yeah, I had an invite to the GAB as well... They got their stuff out too late... Hard to justify driving 7 1/2 hours or drive 4 blocks...

Great looks like i will be able to meet a few bretherns finally, Just look for the Big Green Machine we dont have a banner or shirts yet ill also be the one in the spicewine tshirt gotta give some love out there for free advertisement. Picking up the trailer in like 2 hrs or so, just got alittle more gear to get and we are set.. fire exten and such.

yeah, I had an invite to the GAB as well... They got their stuff out too late... Hard to justify driving 7 1/2 hours or drive 4 blocks...

Just to make it interesting you could always walk... :rolleyes:

I just received an e-mail from Jim and he still needs a few more judges if anyone is interested. It looks like I'll be judging.

Back