MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:14 AM   #1
Phubar
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Phubar's Quick 'n Easy BBQ Glaze/Sauce

I wanted to put this up bePhore Christmas and NYE but I totally Phorgot.

-yellow mustard (for the "zing")
-brown sugar (for the sweetness)
-Worcestershire sauce (for the 1001 ingredients that are in there)

I normally take a bunch of the sugar,add less mustard and add enouPh Wooster sauce till it gets saucy...don't be shy with the Wooster sauce.

This works very well as a glaze on some seasoned meat...for a BBQ sauce it's still good but maybe you have to add some extra salt and pepper to it.

I've tried it on beePh,pork,chicken,wildboar and salmon...it all works out for me.

Give it a try if you haven't done it yet.

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 01-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #2
gtr

And I'm guessing you can get Phreaky with different types of mustard.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #3
Phubar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
And I'm guessing you can get Phreaky with different types of mustard.
I guess you can but I've only tried it with American yellow mustard and the Dutch cheapest yellow mustard.
You can also get Phreaky with other spices but you have to try out the 3 ingredients mentioned above Phirst...trust me G.!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
deguerre

I'm game! I've done mustard (Made from powder 1/2 n 1/2 water until heat level is reached) soy, vinegar and sugar before so why the heck not? Yeller mustard and worsy it is. Really can't go wrong with that combo.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #5
Ole Man Dan
is one Smokin' Farker

That's a great Glaze.

For Beef I tried a modified version of this glaze.
I added a cup of coffee mixed with the Worcestershire Sauce...
(I tend to add coffee to lots of my recipes)
Coffee and Beef Broth work pretty well injected in Beef.
BBQ Sauce cut with Coffee is pretty good too.

People who don't stay 'Wired' from drinking Coffee may not
like the addition of Coffee. I don't tell em what I use...
They don't know what it is but they like it.
Ole Man Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #6
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Sounds good, but I really want to know more about the flavor profile. Could you please list the 1001 ingredients in Woosty sauce for me quick?

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #7
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerlickin' View Post
Sounds good, but I really want to know more about the flavor profile. Could you please list the 1001 ingredients in Woosty sauce for me quick?
The only ingredient that will concern you is...anchovie.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #8
fingerlickin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
The only ingredient that will concern you is...anchovie.

I know right? Luckily the bottle of worcestershire sauce looks nothing like an actual fish. Helps with my anxiety. There's a local bar here that makes the best house dressing on the planet. I've determined there's gotta be anchovie in there too, but fark is it good.

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #9
tish

I'm gonna try this because I love the taste of sweet mixed with mustard. I dip my ribs in SBR's and Carolina mustard sauce mixed together. The addition of woosty and it's 1001 ingredients is genius, Phubie. Thanks!
Bubba Keg, Weber Genesis E-310 NG
Mini WSM, Shhh!!! Michael's surprise
Cornflower Blue Thermapen Might not be the fastest, but it sure is the prettiest!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud recipient of a certifiably uncertified limited edition MOINK ball certificate!!
tish is offline   Reply With Quote