Brisket UN-appreciation thread

Why on earth would anyone do that to a brisket? WTH is wrong with you people??

The bacon definitely made the burger. Woulda been kinda bland without it...

While I do think what you did is a Cardinal Sin......I would have tried it for sure!:becky:

You are all bad. Very, very bad.

I've recently learned brisket may be a 2X4 preventative...

I do a bacon wrapped chicken liver that folks love, even if they do not normally like liver. :-D
TIM

My grandparents use to make this when I was a kid. My brothers and I use to eat them all as fast as they could make them. Then they told use what it was and we never touched them again......

Just one man's opinion here, but grinding up a beautiful Wagyu brisket to make burgers is a little like using lobster meat as bait to catch bluefish! OK, so maybe not a very good example, but...
Don't get me wrong, I really do enjoy a good burger, but a Wagyu brisket done right can be sublime! Just sayin'...

If you like Pastrami there may still be hope for you:becky: and you may come to appreciate the brisket flat, I do a dry cure similar to the one on the TVWB http://virtualweberbullet.com/pastrami.html it's goooood and gives you a completely different flavor profile from any smoked brisket.

I'd like to try that :thumb:

Just one man's opinion here, but grinding up a beautiful Wagyu brisket to make burgers is a little like using lobster meat as bait to catch bluefish! OK, so maybe not a very good example, but...
Don't get me wrong, I really do enjoy a good burger, but a Wagyu brisket done right can be sublime! Just sayin'...

Understood, but life's too short not to have fun :becky:

Back