3’” Ribeye Chop

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Ribeye Roasts went on sale last week and I ended up with a whole rib for a great price. I cut my own 3” steaks off of a Bone-in Ribeye Roast. (See link: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221248[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I frenched one and made it into a chop to expose the bone. I then rubbed it down with some Worcestershire Sauce, steak seasoning, fresh ground garlic sea salt, fresh ground black pepper and some dried rosemary.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I wrapped this up and let it rest in the fridge overnight. The next day I made up the sides. (baked potatoes and some steamed heirloom carrots)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I lite up my kamado and slow smoked it on my 11 ¾” Weber C.I. grate with some hickory chunks. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Also while I waited I lite up a full chimney of lump and briquettes. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When it hit an internal temperature of 112 degrees I removed it and covered with foil for a short rest [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]while I got the C.I. grate up to searing temps in my Weber Jumbo Joe. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I then seared it for 2 minutes per side. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I brought everything in and let the steak rest while I got everything else ready.[/FONT] (Don't you just love a good meat cycle? :becky:)
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After 10 minutes I sliced the main part off the bone and then thinly sliced that. (I then reassembled most of it on my plate) [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Here it is plated with a Modern Times Coffee Roasty Stout, a loaded baked potato and some heirloom carrots as sides.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here is my money shot below.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Oh yeah! :becky:[/FONT]

Last edited:
Back