Grill Goggles

I dont use them, but a buddy of mine wears safety glasses when cleaning or lightning his pits. Last year his eye was bothering him and he went to the eye doctor and he had a small charred sliver of wood that got into his eye and behind his eye lid.

No but maybe I should, I have no eyebrows and very little eye lashes from starring into WFO making pizzas for a living. Kissin the fire!

No and yes

I have a pair of clear motorcycle glasses that I wear at night that are pretty much this exact thing.

I've put them on a time or two while messing with the fire, but I didn't really see the need, so I stopped after one cook. It helps when I opened the door and a gust blew out into my face, but ... meh.

I learned to wear eye protection after the first time using my wife's favorite BBQ sauce. "Scorned Woman BBQ Sauce - Hell Hath no Fury Like a Scorned Woman"
414AV8WRJ3L.jpg

Splashed some into my eyes. She thought it was funny, me with my head under the kitchen faucet.

I wear regular glasses and find that they pick up a film of grease and smoke when grilling a lot. I guess those goggles would keep that crap out of my eyes.

Those might go nicely with my Grillin' Helmet and Grillin' SCBA Tank. :thumb:

Might be handy if you're using Cowboy Brand lump charcoal, though. :laugh:

No but my eyes will sometimes burn like a SOB if the wind is just wrong :p

Nope I don't have a pair but they would be nice to keep the dust out of my eyes when I'm Bush Hawgin on a windy day

Just getting into this whole smoking thing...but doubt I'll be buying a pair of those.

are they ANSI certified ? if they are i would try them for wildland fires

Back