MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:52 AM   #1
MoGreen
On the road to being a farker

Default Roll Call. Inside 30 days. 3rd Annual Horsin' Around BBQ Showdown, Young Harris, GA May 28 & 29

Any Brethren plan on making this one? This will be our second comp for team Rub Won Out. I know the EggseQuetive Council will be there. Anybody else?
MoGreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #2
Uncle Buds BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

We'll be there! Loved this one last year. Very "cook" friendly.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
Uncle Buds BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Any other Brethren? Or just us and Mo?

Old 05-20-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
sitnfat
is one Smokin' Farker

Last time I talked to the rep at Young Harris he said he had about 25 or so teams but was expecting more that was about two weeks ago. I think there is another comp just north of there with a bigger payout many may have gone up there.
sitnfat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
Finney
is one Smokin' Farker

I passed on that one to go to N. Augusta the same weekend.

Learn2Q and Bub-a-que will be in Young Harris.
That's a great facility. I was there at the first of the year. It was snowing when I was there... hopefully you'll have better weather. LOL

Old 05-21-2010, 03:29 AM   #6
MoGreen
On the road to being a farker

Yeah, looks like the Banjo-B-Q in N. Augusta, SC is the bigger draw that weekend with about 3 times the prize money. Suits me fine, though. We're looking to crack the top 10 overall this time around, and less teams might not hurt us there! Also, it's my 6th wedding anniversary on the 29th, and the wife and I will be staying at the resort for some R&R after the comp. Now, how many of you are married to gals that don't mind spending their anniversaries at a dang BBQ comp? I'm a lucky guy for sure.

We'll be looking for you, Uncle Bud. Drop by and say howdy if you get a chance.
MoGreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2010, 08:42 AM   #7
Uncle Buds BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Oh...we'll definitely be stopping by MO....does that resort room have a spare couch?