• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Filet Mignon on the Mini Egg

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Cooked up a couple of nice filet mignons on the Mini tonight. Rubbed them with a combo of the Rub Co Santa Maria and Original rubs.

I went with the reverse sear method:
IMG_2018.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

pulled them at an IT of 131-132 and after a brief rest:
IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

I enjoyed the meal. Thanks for looking!

Looks great!!! I refuse to cook filets because my wife wont eat any meat that is pink. And to me, to butterfly a filet is to butcher a perfectly good piece of meat. We have oredered Filet at Harris Ranch before and we get looks because my wife has them butterfly it. I'll cook them when I am bacheloring it.

I apologize for my ignorance and for asking but I am new - what is the reverse sear method?

Thanks!

Brett

I apologize for my ignorance and for asking but I am new - what is the reverse sear method?

Thanks!

Brett

No need to apologize brother.

Here's a Moose post that explains the process: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1838925&postcount=7

In the case of these steaks, I cooked them indirect (raised over a drip pan in the Mini BGE) until IT hit the 110-115 range, moved them to a plate & covered with foil, removed the woo ring and drip pan and fully opened up the vents. The Mini flew up to 550+ & I seared them 1 to 1-1/2 mins per side.

Looks great! The mini looks like it can handle a few more steaks! Not as small as I thought it was.

Yummy! I just got my IK a few weeks ago and have not done steaks yet. Ribs and chicken have turned out good but I'm still new and you guys rock compared to mine.

Stellar steaks! Just perfect, though and through.

Glad you're finding success through the reverse sear, too! :thumb:

Back