Open letter to the Brethren from Merl

Merl

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
First let me thank all of the Brethren who took time to write the Board of Directors concerning last nights board meeting.

I know that many of you expressed your frustration with the situation, and trust me, I felt that frustration as much as any one. A few Brethren, have suggested they would not continue to be a member of KCBS as a result of these issues and others.

Please consider this view. If you pack up and leave, then you leave a void only to be filled by those who do not share your view. What I am saying is you allow other member's position to win by default!

This is a call to vote. If you want to make a difference, then keep your membership and go to the ballot box! If your not a member, join before December 15th. Make your vote count. Research candidates and make the best choice to lead KCBS!

I hope you will consider this. It would be a shame to lose those members, many of whom care the most.

Respectfully submitted
Merl Whitebook
KCBS Bd of Directors

How would you suggest someone do this in an unbiased way?

Easy to ask others about someone, but then it just become a popularity contest.

Read the minutes in the Bullsheet and see which bd members brought up matters you agreed with. See how they voted.

Next month election questionnaires will be printed with candidates positions stated on matters they believe of importance.

Go back and look at old post, see what they said before they were running for office.

I think just use basic common sense and the answer will be revealed to you.

Thanks for asking.
Merl

I have not been a member, and have been on the fence about joining, but just did so now.

Although I will admit that during the application process I almost bailed.

If you don't check off the box next to the statement:
"I promise to faithfully uphold the tenets for a Barbeque fanatic. I will cook and/or eat as much barbeque as the law allows, while having as much fun as possible."

You are presented with a message telling you . . .
"You must agree to the KBS oath to join!"

IF KCBS wants to be taken seriously shouldn't quality be stressed rather than quantity? After all they are AMERICA’S BBQ EXPERTS ®!

Now if you will excuse me I am headed to McDonald's for lunch to eat McRib sandwiches until I can't eat no more.

:-DAs someone who can't stand parsley of any other type of garnish I would like to say I have been watching this issue for a while and think Merl has an excellent point. If you leave because of the issue, only those that disagree will be left behind and fill the void.

Stay and fight another day. Maybe fight for something really important... like making Butcher Paper the official KCBS garnish.:icon_smil

I'm not a member of KCBS, but have been considering joining because I am getting more involved with comps and catering.

What is coming up on Dec 15?

I'm not a member of KCBS, but have been considering joining because I am getting more involved with comps and catering.

117th Anniversary of the creation of the game of Basketball.

117th Anniversary of the creation of the game of Basketball.

In addition to that, it is also the last day to be a member in good standing and still vote in the upcoming KCBS election.

Thanks Larry I didnt know that :biggrin::cool:

If member by Dec 15th you can vote in the BOD elections.

I've always believed that if you don't vote then you've got no right to bitch about what happens. Therefore, I vote! And one of my votes will be for Merl.

Back