MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
tiehacker
Found some matches.

Default Banning BBQ?

Always sup'in
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/02/2...-smog-problem/
tiehacker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

Why that's un-Ameri...oh...nevermind.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
LM600
Full Fledged Farker

There is a smokehouse in London that has been on the same premises since the early 1800s.
The only time it has closed was during the Blitz when a bomb dropped down the flue....they shut for a day to remove the bomb and rebuild the flue etc.

They have just been slapped with some kind of antisocial notice, which if they do not stop smoking could shut them down.....all because a NIMBY moved in next door and complained to the local council about them!!!!

Old 02-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
gtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM600 View Post
There is a smokehouse in London that has been on the same premises since the early 1800s.
The only time it has closed was during the Blitz when a bomb dropped down the flue....they shut for a day to remove the bomb and rebuild the flue etc.

They have just been slapped with some kind of antisocial notice, which if they do not stop smoking could shut them down.....all because a NIMBY moved in next door and complained to the local council about them!!!!
Well I have a good idea of what they can cook next.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?

Old 02-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #5
dwfisk
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Dave

Quote:

Sombody just needs to check on waht the NIMBY is smokin!
dwfisk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #6
landarc

Yeah, that smog that is so thick, you can't see the traffic light is caused by cooking fires. Sure. Never mind that they burn huge amounts of coal, incinerate huge amounts of waste products including old computers and such, have no controls on industrial pollution, it must be the BBQ's

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #7
1FUNVET
Babbling Farker

How are they supposed to cook their rats ?
1FUNVET is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #8
John Bowen
is Blowin Smoke!

I don’t know how much stock I can put into that story from China. I mean get real – do they really think the smog problem over there is because of the little street BBQ. Last time I was over there I saw one plant that put out twice more smoke than all the plants in our industrial park.

Me thinks someone wants to put street vendors out of business.
John Bowen is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #9
yakdung
is One Chatty Farker

Bloomberg relocate?
yakdung is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #10
HeSmellsLikeSmoke

The majority of BBQ joints in the US would be fine there. No wood nor smoke involved.

Large and Medium Big Green Eggs , Black 18.5" WSM, Blue Weber Performer - Stainless, Green Weber OTG Kettle , Brinkmann SnP Pro, and a Stainless UDS. One retired Portable Kitchen grill.

Red Thermapen, Maverick ET-732, EdgePro Apex Sharpener.

Avatar is the original 1951 Weber Kettle
HeSmellsLikeSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #11
pbj
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Curly

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeSmellsLikeSmoke View Post
The majority of BBQ joints in the US would be fine there. No wood nor smoke involved.
Ouch
Maverick 732
UDS
[COLOR="Red"]Thermapen Mk4[/COLOR]
pbj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #12
Offthehook
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeSmellsLikeSmoke View Post
Haha par boil indoor grills!

Old 02-21-2013, 03:49 PM   #13
gtr

The words "sad but true" come to mind.
WTFWGALD?

Old 02-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #14
deepsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
Yeah, that smog that is so thick, you can't see the traffic light is caused by cooking fires. Sure. Never mind that they burn huge amounts of coal, incinerate huge amounts of waste products including old computers and such, have no controls on industrial pollution, it must be the BBQ's

indeed.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #15
rcbaughn
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:

Woah wait, they neighbors are new to the community and they are stopping the restaurant that's been there forever to change their business? It seems the one who had been there the longest would win that argument no doubt. That's crazy, hate to see a historical place like that have to change because of some idiot.