• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket Opinions ?

MNmoose

Reaction score
Thoughts and opinions on Brisket? Creekstone Farms Premium? -
Imperial Wagyu Kobe Beef? - Snake River Farms? or CAB from your local butcher? Online Kobe & Wagyu are expensive but are they worth the extra $$$$. Thanks for your thoughts & opinion.

Just my opinion...
Support your local butcher!

I've competed with everything from grocery store choice briskets to special order waygu briskets. No I haven't ordered from SNR, although BBQ pit masters sure does advert heavily for them.

I placed highest with a choice brisket that I picked from my local butcher. Never placed higher than 4th with waygu. Frankly, if the beef is done well, I don't think there's enough difference for most people to notice.

Now, I will say that I had to learn how to pick briskets. The waygu briskets off the shelf, so to speak, are noticeably more tender prior to cooking. So they accept injections very well. But I can pick choice briskets that are perfectly acceptable, and they cost SOOO much less.

We've had nothing but great help from Brandt, Its a nice family owned operation. let them know Rooftop Barbeque sent you. Wait until you see the marbeling and how white the fat is.

They have pretty good pricing, if it wasn't for the shipping. Around here, a select packer will run you $40-50 bucks.

Brandt Beef is an Excellant Product, and is available in New York and Boston if your in the Northeast!

15 -20 over a couple years of comps. Nothing better than 8th place in a contest

15 -20 over a couple years of comps. Nothing better than 8th place in a contest

Just find you a good source of consistent good briskets and keep cooking them.. If it's CAB's, cook a bunch of those.. 15-40 briskets isn't really enough to know what to look for, for your personal preference.

Back