• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Backwoods Party

C

CSPT

I am thinking about purchasing a Backwoods Partybut was looking for some recommendations. First, is it worth the extra money to get the stainless steel doors? What add-ons are a must and whcih ones are not necessary? Any input that anyone has on these questions as well as your experience with the smoker would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Stainless doors are nice, but they don't really make a difference in how the thing cooks. I'd add the heat diverter for a little more of a barrier between the fire and the water pan. I'd also add the commercial fire grate to be able to extend the cooking time (more charcoal = longer cooking time).

Cheers,
Braddog

I agree with Braddog. Also consider getting the 180 degree opening doors at least on the fire chamber door.. The commercial fire grate can be a bit difficult to handle when full of hot charcoal and trying to slide it in the fire chamber with the standard door. Also, if you don't have a place to set the party, consider finding a welder who can build you a stand with casters to make moving it easy.

I agree with Braddog. Also consider getting the 180 degree opening doors at least on the fire chamber door.. The commercial fire grate can be a bit difficult to handle when full of hot charcoal and trying to slide it in the fire chamber with the standard door. Also, if you don't have a place to set the party, consider finding a welder who can build you a stand with casters to make moving it easy.

I always forget that option as it wasn't available when I bought mine, but I'd definitely spring for the 180 degree opening doors.

Cheers,
Braddog

You could also make contact with BBQ Bubba and Michael Terry they are Backwoods Distributors they can help you out.... Their members on our forum.........

Back