• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Confused by the Pork Spare Ribs I got from Sams Club

Mattlsmith

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
All I got some bone in pork spare ribs from Sams Club. On one side it looks completely normal but it looks like there is another rack on the other side. Pretty sure it is another rack but I just wanted to get yall's opinion.

Front Side:
bXmEQqU.png

Back Side:
aH0LCzf.png

Looks like a spare rib and the matching baby back? Is that what you're seeing? Not what I see usually from Sams.

My Sam's has loin ribs in 3 packs, and belly ribs in 2 packs. It looks like you have a 2 pack of loin ribs.... what is the total weight, about 5 pounds?

Ya the ribs are 5.25 pounds so it sounds like that is what it could be. Such a good deal, basically it makes each rack about $7 dollars.

Can't tell from the pic, but it looks to be loin or baby backs. I see more loin back ribs around Indy Sam's. Typically always 3 packs though. They're usually a lot more than $14.46 though. Those look like a 2 pack to me.

Can't tell from the pic, but it looks to be loin or baby backs. I see more loin back ribs around Indy Sam's. Typically always 3 packs though. They're usually a lot more than $14.46 though. Those look like a 2 pack to me.

You know what you are right they are pork loin back ribs. Hmmm how do those compare to spare pork rubs?

I love 'em. Had 'em both... BBs for me every time! :whoo:

I get those triple rack bb ribs all the time. Super meaty and are easy too cook.

Those don't look like spares to me. Our Sam's has baby backs or full slab spares.
I'm with Ron on this. Of course we shop at the same Sam's ;)

They look like back loin ribs to me. But not all Sam's use the same suppliers.

Hmmm... the last ones I got were variously labeled as Country Style Ribs or Loin Back Ribs.

DSC_6173-PP.JPG

Back