MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
promad
On the road to being a farker

Default barbeque rubs

I know this has probally been done before but i'm having a hard time finding rubs locally , what are some the popular rubs everybody on here use ?
promad is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
BMCSRET

There are a lot to choose from out there but I prefer Fiesta rubs from San Antonio. https://www.fiestaspices.com/index.asp

Old 12-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
JazzyBadger
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Simply Marvelous is going to be a popular contender. I've just recently bought some for the first time but have yet to try them, so I can't comment on their flavors personally, only their popularity.

I have tried some rubs from Texas BBQ Rub, and am a fan of those.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #4
BBQDaddio
is one Smokin' Farker

Oakridge bbq rubs are awesome. Here locally in California I really like pappys seasoning and costco seasoning.

I personally make my go own basic santa Maria style seasoning.

A lot of brothers here like Plowboys and simply marvelous.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #5
cowgirl
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Big Poppa Smoker rubs are great...also Simply Marvelous. Both are Brethren members too.

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #6
okiej
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeff

Simply Marvelous and Plowboys (yardbirds) are very popular around here. I have used neither so far as they are not available locally. I will get end try both though soon. I am happy with McCormicks grill mates pork rub on my butts, but am still in search for my brisket, ribs and chicken other than salt and pepper.
okiej is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #7
Bonewagon
Babbling Farker

Simply Marvelous, Plowboys, Dizzy Pig, The Rub Co., and Harry Soo's Chicken rub are my standards. I'm going to get some Oakridge rubs next.

Big Steel Keg, WSM, OTG, PBC, Kamado Joe Jr., Carson Rodizio, and a Super Fast [I]and[/I] Accurate [COLOR="Blue"]Blue[/COLOR] Splash-Proof Thermapen
Bonewagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2013, 09:48 PM   #8
TSGlover
Knows what a fatty is.

I'm thinking that I would like to have a variety of rubs for chicken rather than one basic rub, such as an Indian spice, a jerk spice, a Moroccan spice etc. I noticed that dizzy Pig has a wide range of rubs that might meet my needs. Has anyone tried their various rubs?
TSGlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #9
Fatmike

Check out big poppa smokers web site...They have an internet special called West Coast Offense Pack only available for 48 hours starting Cyber Monday 8:00AM PST 12/2 and ends at 8:00AM PST on Wednesday 12/4! With a savings of almost $75 off I ordered it last night. It has about 15 different rubs and a free T shirt. Looks like I will be rubbing a lot of Meat soon!!!

Old 12-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #10
okiej
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeff

Since we are on this topic. Is Simply Marvelous, Plowboys available in stores or just on line. I have never seen it in a store so far and would like to try some.
okiej is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #11
Fatmike

I've bought Plowboys at the Bass Pro Shop

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-03-2013, 10:38 PM   #12
Smoothsmoke
Babbling Farker

Big Rons
Oakridge
A bunch of Webers
Smoothsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 12-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #13
Okie Sawbones
Banned

I like my own rubs as much as most commercial rubs, but I do like Plowboys Yard Bird, Williams Rib Tickler, Tatonka Dust, and Simply Marvelous Peppered Cow.
Cooking BBQ since 1971, seriously cooking BBQ since 1996, when I read Smoke and Spice.
Okie Sawbones is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-04-2013, 01:27 AM   #14
castlepines
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatmike View Post
Check out big poppa smokers web site...They have an internet special called West Coast Offense Pack only available for 48 hours starting Cyber Monday 8:00AM PST 12/2 and ends at 8:00AM PST on Wednesday 12/4! With a savings of almost $75 off I ordered it last night. It has about 15 different rubs and a free T shirt. Looks like I will be rubbing a lot of Meat soon!!!
This one I got. Thanks for the assist.
castlepines is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2013, 05:00 AM   #15
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

there are a lot of great rubs here from Brethren in the vendors section.

I have the West Coast Offense Pack from Big Poppa Smokers and I can tell you their rubs are really good. With this pack you'll have a variety of rubs to try and see where your taste takes you.
I've ordered some from Oak Ridge BBQ as well. I hear their Black Ops is the rub for briskets. Also have the sample pack coming too

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote