Favorite Wings?

Vision

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Adam Perry Lang's BBQ 25 recipe is solid. My favorite method is to marinate, then grill indirect with 3/4 chimney of charcoal and hickory, crisp the skin over direct heat at the end and toss in sauce.

What's your favorite wings recipe? I'm most curious about other marinades.

Well it is funny but I don't marinate my wings or use any sauce or rub. I like to smoke my wings with cherry or pecan wood then when they get that nice reddish cast to them I throw them in the deep fryer to crisp the skin then I hit them with fresh cracked black pepper and salt. Best wings ever.

Funny this post came up I just got all the makings for APL wings [ for Thanksgiving ]. I never tried them before so Ill let you know what I think. I have tried many different types of wings and I prefer them sauced rather than dry. If I had to pick one I would say anything with a Franks hot sauce base.

My favorite wings (actually wing sections) are breaded with flour & cornmeal then cooked indirectly on my Akorn till crispy. Here are some with a loaf of cheesy beer bread.

foodpics001-1.jpg

Marinate in Spicy Italian dressing with Pinapple juice added for 4 hours. Cook indirect on the kettle. When they hit 160 degrees over the coals to crisp skin, then shaken in Crystal's Wing sauce with extra butter.

I dump a bunch of drumets in a big bowl sprinkle dirty D rub on mix them up good, get the uds up to *300/oak lump and toss them on, after 30 min rotate. When a hour is up there done and I mix them in a sauce my gf gets me from el Paso called borderline gourmet chipotle bbq sauce & marinade long ass name but its great on wing's, and if you like hot then heat the sauce before you mix it with the wings. Another sauce I like is a stick of butter and a bottle of Louisiana Hot Sauce in a sauce pan use a little flower to thickn it up, simmer it until it thickns up dump over wing's and go to town!

Sent from my SGH-T999

My family's current favorite wings are my adaptation of Bobby Flay's grilled honey-chipotle wing recipe. Good stuff.

My favorite wings I do in my 22 1/2" WSM using KBB. I crank it up to about 350F. When they are getting there, I toss in some lump, and crack the door open. I am able to get the temperature between 375F and 400F long enough to crisp them up.
I then glaze them with Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Barbeque sauce, or a homemade Buffalo sauce.

Hmmm.

As "one Smokin' Farker" I hate to admit it, but during the winter months, especially when the Giants or Jets are playing, I usually do wings in the oven. Same procedure. Cook at 350F, then crisp up at 400F and sauce.

Bob

Back