MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #631
mdjamesd
Got Wood.

Enjoy your rest brother. Tomorrow morning, it's back to phone calls.
Hope you get to open soon. I might have to take a weekend road trip up to Michigan!

Which page was the pickle recipe on?
mdjamesd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #632
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrvp View Post
I've followed this thread and follow your FB page. I would strongly recommend that you NOT post any of your negative feelings on the FB page. Vent those frustrations here in this thread and we'll all encourage you and share in your frustration. But DON'T let your potential customers see the negative stuff. You already had one woman start fussing at you for calling out the inspectors... don't let any more negative stuff get posted at this early point.
Yeah, my wife mentioned that to me yesterday. I need to keep the venting private. I was just so pissed off on Friday that it got the better of me. Hopefully we've got something lined up tomorrow to resolve this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZiLLa View Post
Wifey just put the pickles in the fridge. Smells great already, but we will wait a couple days to try them. Thanks again for the recipe
No problem. They are pretty good after sitting just overnight, but after two days, about perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdjamesd View Post
Enjoy your rest brother. Tomorrow morning, it's back to phone calls.
Hope you get to open soon. I might have to take a weekend road trip up to Michigan!

Which page was the pickle recipe on?
I'm already somewhat dreading Monday. It's so hard to spend the day turning people away and explaining that you're not open yet. Luckily, Mondays are technically our closed day, so that might keep things a bit more calm. But if we aren't up and running by Wednesday, it's going to hit the fan.

And I don't remember what page the pickle recipe was on, but it was posted about a week ago I believe.
marubozo is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #633
HankB
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marubozo View Post
And I don't remember what page the pickle recipe was on, but it was posted about a week ago I believe.
I bookmarked the individual post.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...&postcount=545

You can open any single post by clicking on the number at the upper right.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:35 PM   #634
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

One of the maddening things, and one that almost nobody realizes until they have been through it, is that the health and building guys have absolute power in their realms. It is usually best just to do what is asked and not fight it. There is almost no power and regular politician can wield to get those guys to play fair.

Hang in there, it will happen soon. Been there are too often, been to war over a hot dog machine in a Little League snack bar. It does get ridiculous.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2013, 03:25 AM   #635
Bigr314
Babbling Farker

All the best in the world to you. I am sure you already know this, but be prepared to work 24/7. I own a wholesale bread bakery and it is all consuming of my time. I don't mind because I love what I do. It is very hard to find vacation time with the family. Make sure your wife is 100% behind you. I could not run my business without her even though she has her own career. My customers always come first. Thanks for the post. Again all the best to you and your family. If you ever need any bread advice, I am always available.I have been baking bread for 30 years now.
Shirley Fabrication 24x50 RF with warmer(Boss Hogg)

Tab Benoit- Must listen to this artist. A cross between southern blues,Stevie Ray, and Louisiana cajun. Great listening while having a brew and tending the stick burner.
Bigr314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2013, 04:13 AM   #636
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Hang in there Brother!

I understand your feeling towards inspectors. I went rounds with and FDA inspector since it was "what he wanted to see" and not the law. It's stupid the way some let things go to their heads and think they are the ALMIGHTY power over all.

Hope to be seeing you soon

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2013, 05:57 AM   #637
Neil

Is your place located in Berrien or Cass county? I've worked with Virgil, the HD inspector for Berrien county and he's always been very helpful.

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old Country Over/Under, Weber: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" WSM, Weber Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), Two 22.5" Kettles, & a Smokey Joe; Old Country 36" griddle, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove and a UDS.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2013, 07:38 AM   #638
NickTheGreat
is Blowin Smoke!

I hope the government finally lets you open up your business.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:33 AM   #639
Zippylip
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
I hope the government finally lets you open up your business.
I agree, with reference to the absurd degree of horse**** the government puts people through it nearly gives me chest pains reading about this (& knowing many others that have gone through the same thing). One might think it to be common sense that when a guy is willing to lay it on the line, take huge financial risks & do what it takes to get a small business up & running that might prove to be a nice stream of taxes and employment for any given local community that these idiots would bend over backwards to do everything in their power to help get the balloon off the ground as soon as possible. Yet, as with most things governmental, they appear to thwart common sense and do just the opposite.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #640
Diesel Dave

Ok government and common sense should never be used in the same sentence.

Jus sayin

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 12-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #641
peeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Dave View Post
Ok government and common sense should never be used in the same sentence.

Jus sayin
The government, with regularity, lacks common sense.
- [B][COLOR="darkorange"]Major[/COLOR][/B] - Mini WSM (from SJS)

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 12-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #642
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Is your place located in Berrien or Cass county? I've worked with Virgil, the HD inspector for Berrien county and he's always been very helpful.
It's Cass, so I'm working with Rich. He's actually very helpful and lenient. It's the mechanical inspection that's the hold up, and my contractor that never got, or couldn't pull the right permit.
marubozo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #643
sliding_billy

Name/Nickname : )

It's a new day brother. My biggest fear for you right now is how everyone starts to shut themselves down for the holidays.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #644
peeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliding_billy View Post
It's a new day brother. My biggest fear for you right now is how everyone starts to shut themselves down for the holidays.
But lots of folks might want some BBQ to-go for the holidays. It's always easier to let the other guy do the cookin', especially if it's as tasty as his looks
- [B][COLOR="darkorange"]Major[/COLOR][/B] - Mini WSM (from SJS)

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2013, 10:00 AM   #645
sliding_billy

Name/Nickname : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps View Post
But lots of folks might want some BBQ to-go for the holidays. It's always easier to let the other guy do the cookin', especially if it's as tasty as his looks
I am talking about inspectors and government officials.