MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 04-15-2019, 12:33 PM   #91
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

Board members are always the best thing ever going in and the worst thing ever going out.
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 04-15-2019, 12:55 PM   #92
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamdunkpro View Post
Board members are always the best thing ever going in and the worst thing ever going out.

Sounds like my last visit to Taco Bell

Humphrey's Long Weekender, UDS, Red Box Smoker, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Weber Performer, Weber 18.5 OTS, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker (died), Blue Ember Gasser (died}

Member of the Hall of Zero's (Noobians v. Veterans Throwdown)
DUBBAGA is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-15-2019, 02:58 PM   #93
Pappy Q
is One Chatty Farker

[QUOTE=tduffy;4165089]He's probably a good buy but a terrible board member. The reason KCBS is in the condition it is, isn't because of the current board, it's due to the previous board and he was part of it. As far as I'm concerned, good riddance.

Mike is an honorable man and one of the most honest people I've ever met. I have no doubt every vote he cast was truly what he thought was best for all of KCBS. To disparage him in any way is insulting.
Pappy Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2019, 04:19 PM   #94
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tduffy View Post
He's probably a good buy but a terrible board member. The reason KCBS is in the condition it is, isn't because of the current board, it's due to the previous board and he was part of it. As far as I'm concerned, good riddance.

Among all the terrible decisions the previous board made, currently the KCBS Score program has no ability to send contest results to the new website so right now Reps have to email a CSV file to the company who made the new site and they have to manually add it to the website. That's why it takes so long for results to show up now. And the previous board thought that in that condition this site was ready to go live production...........
I look forward to your candidacy and potential election. There should be plenty of seats to go around next year.

I didn't always agree with his opinion or vote. I just don't get the need to verbally burn him in effigy. If you are going to pin the current ills of KCBS as an organization solely on the previous board you are myopic. There are more pressing issues that go further back, but have become accepted or are ignored.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-16-2019, 10:51 AM   #95
tduffy
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
I look forward to your candidacy and potential election. There should be plenty of seats to go around next year.

I didn't always agree with his opinion or vote. I just don't get the need to verbally burn him in effigy. If you are going to pin the current ills of KCBS as an organization solely on the previous board you are myopic. There are more pressing issues that go further back, but have become accepted or are ignored.
Because I am stating legitimate concerns I am expected to run for BOD? No, that's not how it works.

Ok, I'll revise it........... not just the previous board, but MANY previous boards. I'll pin the current ills of KCBS on the previous boards that they bear responsibility for, just as I have done. The current website is just one of many. I'm surprised that genius marketing company they hired didn't have the knowledge on how to properly test things before rolling out a new web platform and if things aren't working to STOP until they are fixed.

Old 04-22-2019, 09:16 PM   #96
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

redacted
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289

Last edited by Slamdunkpro; 04-22-2019 at 10:22 PM..
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2019, 10:52 AM   #97
tduffy
is One Chatty Farker

[QUOTE=Pappy Q;4165217]
Quote:
He's probably a good buy but a terrible board member. The reason KCBS is in the condition it is, isn't because of the current board, it's due to the previous board and he was part of it. As far as I'm concerned, good riddance.

Mike is an honorable man and one of the most honest people I've ever met. I have no doubt every vote he cast was truly what he thought was best for all of KCBS. To disparage him in any way is insulting.
I guess anyone who thinks voting in favor of a marketing company run by the sitting board president is good for any organization then I have a much different definition of that.
How the hell am I "disparaging" him for calling out some of his actions?

Old 04-23-2019, 10:57 AM   #98
midwest_kc
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Joel

Special meeting tonight....

04-23-19 - KCBS Board of Directors Special Meeting - Judge Seating
Kansas City Barbeque Society
Board of Directors Special Meeting Agenda
April 23, 2019 at 7:00pm CST

Roll Call: Dennis Polson, Jason Cole, Alan Sellers, Candy Weaver, Randy Bigler, David Qualls, Richard Fergola, Haymo Gutweniger, Myron Berry

KCBS Office: Carolyn Wells, Heath Hall

Members Participating on Call: Mark Gibbs, Mark Kenney, Luke Darnell, Mike Peters, Sean Young, Jordan Fishman, George Mullins, David McAllister

Closed Session Agenda:

Discussion on KCBS Judge Seating Program.
Mark Gibbs to provide origins and history of the KCBS Judge Seating Program.
Open discussion on KCBS Judge Seating Program.
After Closed Session:

The Board may take any necessary actions including Motions on any or all matters discussed in closed session.

Adjourn or Suspend

Old 04-23-2019, 12:21 PM   #99
Pappy Q
is One Chatty Farker

[QUOTE=tduffy;4169034]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Q View Post
I guess anyone who thinks voting in favor of a marketing company run by the sitting board president is good for any organization then I have a much different definition of that.
How the hell am I "disparaging" him for calling out some of his actions?
Travis,

You seem to be the self appointed King of “calling out” people you don’t actually know if you disagree with them. I’ll probably be next on your attack list but if that’s the case for defending an honorable man, than so be it. I didn’t agree with every vote he cast and I told him the ones I disagreed with. But I know he felt every vote was in the best interest of the organization. That’s all you can ask of someone whether you agree with them or not.

Regards,
Tom Hillman
Pappy Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2019, 02:37 PM   #100
tduffy
is One Chatty Farker

[QUOTE=Pappy Q;4169057]
Quote:

Travis,

You seem to be the self appointed King of “calling out” people you don’t actually know if you disagree with them. I’ll probably be next on your attack list but if that’s the case for defending an honorable man, than so be it. I didn’t agree with every vote he cast and I told him the ones I disagreed with. But I know he felt every vote was in the best interest of the organization. That’s all you can ask of someone whether you agree with them or not.

Regards,
Tom Hillman

I am? When did I "self appoint" myself that? I have an attack list? I just call it like I see it and some can't handle that. I never debated whether or not he was an honorable man. I'm debating his decisions and actions as a KCBS BOD.

I'd like to know how appointing the board president as the marketing company is in any organization's best interest.

If you did that in some sectors you would be in violation of laws, be charged with a felony and there's a reason why.

Last edited by tduffy; 04-23-2019 at 03:18 PM..
tduffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2019, 06:54 AM   #101
ModelMaker
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Why is seating of judges, subject matter for a special closed board meeting?
Ed
Extremely seasoned hand hammered Wok
Pit Boss-HART BURN Competition BBQ Team
KCBS certified judge

And Your not the boss of me either!!
ModelMaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2019, 09:42 AM   #102
thirdeye
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelMaker View Post
Ed
I wonder if the new Judge pre-registration program interfaces with the judge scoring history and can assign seating? Maybe there's a bug in the program?

Barbecuist ~ Charcuterist ~ KCBS Master Judge & CTC
Big Green Eggs, Big Drum Smokers, Big Chiefs, Weber Smokey Joe "Custom Tall Boy"
Oil Patch Horizontal, SnS Deluxe Kettle

Visit my Cookin' Site by clicking HERE
Barbecue is not rocket surgery
“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity” ~ Abraham Lincoln
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2019, 10:05 AM   #103
midwest_kc
is one Smokin' Farker

My guess is it is to allow the David and George, who will be developing the system a chance to discuss what is wanted, and what is desired, as well as what they are capable of providing.

Hopefully we get some notes soon.

Old 04-24-2019, 10:07 AM   #104
tduffy
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelMaker View Post
Ed
Because there's a group of people complaining that they ditched the terrible system that seated by a so called "scoring average" and went to random seating.

Old 04-24-2019, 10:12 AM   #105
midwest_kc
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Because there's a group of people complaining that they ditched the terrible system that seated by a so called "scoring average" and went to random seating.
I would say it's more "No one can come to an agreement on how judges should be seated, and everyone has dug their feet in on their position and is unable to be persuaded another direction, therefore they have to have meetings and decide what the best way forward is, as there is not a consensus on the best way forward. It's not the most efficient use of time, but this is what happens when people quit having a conversation about why their way is better and only points out flaws of other's reasoning"

But, that's just me.

Tags
kcbs